• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

nite wolf

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly, any new frame I can find now on discount or cheaper than MSRP is a win for me. Even Black Optical raised their prices

have you looked at italist? that’s why i asked on here because a majority of the frames are like 150 less. zephirin are like 590 versus 750.. raised an eyebrow of suspicion for me. perhaps should purchase before they up mark idk. i always get suspicious when i’m not purchasing from the direct brand for some reason now. always that “what if” for me.

lsterling

Reaction score
Zephyrins are $750 now? Oof
Agreed. I'm sure inflation, rising labor costs, materials, etc. all have their roles to play in the increase, but it definitely hurts for consumers in my tax bracket. Like I said earlier, if their sunglasses came more ready-to-wear I'd probably gladly pay $750-850 for a pair but I just can't do it when I know I'm going to be putting a lens in to be able to wear the damn frame any time the sun is out.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stores just lag behind in changing prices. So one of the better things you can do is find a store that still has the frame you want at the old price, which is essentially a “sale price” for a couple months before they make the switch.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221003-234158_Chrome.jpg
Prices in europe. :cool:

tweedlover

Reaction score
OK, gotta ask. So, is there any theoretical price at which point you JMM fans would actually stop buying?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, gotta ask. So, is there any theoretical price at which point you JMM fans would actually stop buying?

This question can't be answered in a definitive way, as it would be absolutely subjective. I would say however that the most fans, once got over the first shock, will get accustomed to the new prices and will keep buying, probably less pieces in a more extended time

lsterling

Reaction score
This question can't be answered in a definitive way, as it would be absolutely subjective. I would say however that the most fans, once got over the first shock, will get accustomed to the new prices and will keep buying, probably less pieces in a more extended time
I'm with Dorian here. Sure, if they just went to an outrageous price, I'd stop buying. This increase puts me more at the point of buying very occasionally when there's something I just love. I won't be stopping in at my retailer to just peruse if every frame is $800 like I have in the past, and occasional sales or good deals on secondhand frames will grab my attention more, I would imagine.

Bottom line is: yes, there is a point at which I'd be completely out, but we're not there yet.

obecity

Reaction score
This last price increase has taken me out of the JMM market unless it’s an outstanding frame… So sick of the chaos that resulted from COVID and the leftist policies.

It’s unfortunate because I really grew to enjoy JMM frames and grew a collection very quickly over the last few years. I came late to the game.

obecity

Reaction score
I wish I could pin a post, cuz that one is just *chef's kiss* of stupidity
Are you referring to my post? I was just expressing my opinion to bow out at the new price point. They’re still great frames.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Im just pretty content at the moment. I’ve actually been thinning out my collection over the last couple weeks due to just wanting the frames I absolutely love and use everyday…and the incredible resell value at the moment. I’ve gone down from 20 to 8-9

There hasn’t been an “oh **** I need that frame”in a while

lsterling

Reaction score
Are you referring to my post? I was just expressing my opinion to bow out at the new price point. They’re still great frames.
I'm not going to take sides here, but I don't know that the comment about leftist policies was warranted in what has been a very apolitical thread. The economic climate was predicted long before the last US election and not all countries have the same policies, though the current economic situation is being felt by the entire global community. Just say that you're disappointed that the prices are increasing and move on.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I, for one, am I really happy the prices are going up. It feels good to hodl an appreciating asset for once.

Should have kept dat PCH bro. That’s probably the most valuable JMM out there at the moment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads