• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

basscellosax

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm selling two pairs of JMM, both are brand new, only tried indoors, with all the bells and wistles included:

1.) Enzo Shadow 2 RX with demo and blue lenses (338/500)
2.) Brion Gold (222/600)

I am asking for 650$/€ each, plus shipping from Europe (likely to be about 25$ for USA, 15$ for Europe, 35$ for Australia/Japan).

For pics, questions etc. send me a DM/PM.

Would be willing accept reasonable offers for Enzo.

Last edited:

thomasec

Reaction score
Hey y'all - I tried on a bunch of different frames yesterday, and the only one that fit my gigantic head was the Molino 55. Any other models that you guys would recommend trying on? They only had about 15 pairs at my local store.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all - I tried on a bunch of different frames yesterday, and the only one that fit my gigantic head was the Molino 55. Any other models that you guys would recommend trying on? They only had about 15 pairs at my local store.

Torino, Hemmings, and Yves are the ones that work for my gigantic head!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - so I bought the Aldo sunglasses in Agar with what I thought comes with yellow lenses. What I received was basically almost clear lenses. It's so hard to tell even when held up next to white paper. I thought they mistakenly sent me opticals with blank lenses, but I see on another website a version of the Agar with yellow lenses and "super light bronze" lenses. Do any of you know what the deal is with these lenses?

Assuming the super light lenses have UV protection, the nice thing is they can literally be worn indoors and pass for eyeglasses, but they don't offer any real sun protection. Could be a good thing I suppose in Chicago where I can wear them throughout the sunless winter. Trying to figure out whether to return or what...

lsterling

Reaction score
Hey guys - so I bought the Aldo sunglasses in Agar with what I thought comes with yellow lenses. What I received was basically almost clear lenses. It's so hard to tell even when held up next to white paper. I thought they mistakenly sent me opticals with blank lenses, but I see on another website a version of the Agar with yellow lenses and "super light bronze" lenses. Do any of you know what the deal is with these lenses?

Assuming the super light lenses have UV protection, the nice thing is they can literally be worn indoors and pass for eyeglasses, but they don't offer any real sun protection. Could be a good thing I suppose in Chicago where I can wear them throughout the sunless winter. Trying to figure out whether to return or what...
I do know that JMM has started doing some super light tints - I remember seeing one that was just the slightest hint of pink.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I do know that JMM has started doing some super light tints - I remember seeing one that was just the slightest hint of pink.

The Evans are supposedly coming with these superlight tints. Noir9 has blue, Hickory a brown, and Dune a bronze. The Dune really needs the brass gradients like the Pennylane.

Pennylane_Dune_Detail-001_svye4d.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah my constant gripe with JMM is sunglasses that are obscenely expensive but don’t actually do the job of protecting your eyes from bright light very well.
Like those Richard Mille skeleton watches that cost more than my house but I have to look at them for a good long while before I can actually tell the time!

Also some shite releases from JMM lately. Mostly aimed at girls I suppose but just got another email today with some hideous monstrosities! I think the Jeff and the Julian were the last two that I really liked.

Wonder if the LF release will save the day.

tweedlover

Reaction score
Yeah my constant gripe with JMM is sunglasses that are obscenely expensive but don’t actually do the job of protecting your eyes from bright light very well.
Like those Richard Mille skeleton watches that cost more than my house but I have to look at them for a good long while before I can actually tell the time!

Also some shite releases from JMM lately. Mostly aimed at girls I suppose but just got another email today with some hideous monstrosities! I think the Jeff and the Julian were the last two that I really liked.

Wonder if the LF release will save the day.
Sunglasses that don't do much to protect against the glare of the sun make no sense to me. Fashion also needs to be functional.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Apollinaire's have just a hint of tint to them - I think they're so cool. As long as you don't expect them to act like sunglasses, the aesthetic is really the whole point.

IMG_1990.jpg

I could definitely see being upset at the Aldos seeming like they should be functional sunglasses, though, based on the product photos. I tried them on the other day and I didn't even realize they had a tint. I just thought they were opticals.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Apollinaire's have just a hint of tint to them - I think they're so cool. As long as you don't expect them to act like sunglasses, the aesthetic is really the whole point.

View attachment 1823677

I could definitely see being upset at the Aldos seeming like they should be functional sunglasses, though, based on the product photos. I tried them on the other day and I didn't even realize they had a tint. I just thought they were opticals.
Those are quite narrow but look great on you.

I found out there are two versions of the Aldo in Agar. One Optical with the slightest of tints with UV protection. I guess the idea is you can either keep or switch out the lenses. The other is proper sunglasses with med yellow tint like urbancomp is rocking in his IG. I might keep the optical version. I really dislike yellow tint generally. Which is what I have in my dark Havana Fellinis.

nightwatcher

Reaction score

I got Kuboraums sunglasses with their 24H lens that look almost clear, but I wear them on sunny spanish days and have no problems with the sun. Maybe it's something like that, have you tried your Aldos on a sunny day?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads