• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

doofalb

Reaction score
sbspecs is a member here and has an instagram account showcasing their work. I haven’t needed their services, but worth contacting. Check out their instagram. I believe I have seen them remedy this situation; although, perhaps another brand.
Thanks! I will contact her.

doofalb

Reaction score
Firstly let me say I’m sorry to see this.

If you read back on my posts you will see I had some issues with adjustments and overheating, though not to the extent that the barrel completely dislodged from the front frame.

That said, if you genuinely didn’t sit on them, this should be repaired under warranty, In my case they first replaced the front frame, but it wasn’t satisfactory as the arms and frame are hand crafted to fit. The result for me was a misaligned arm to front frame.

In the end, and without any pushing really, I was sent a completely new frame. It had to be Agar as they didn’t have any Argyle, but I took the replacement frame and then bought another Argyle from a store who still had stock.

I’d expect the same in your case as far as a replacement is concerned, even if it means Agar. Don’t have them send you a front frame. Send back the broken frame and get a replacement under warranty.
The only sitting involved in this mess was the frames sitting in my hot car, and I didn't expect this to have such dire consequences.

sbspecs will probably my only hope as JMM Customer Service already told me that I am out of luck with having purchased the frames a little more than a year ago:
Our warranty is only honorable for up to one year from the date that you purchased the frame with proof of receipt. We take pride in our handcrafted pieces from Japan made from some of the best artisans in the world. However, I can understand your frustration.

I feel like my love affair with JMM is coming to an abrupt end due to irreconcilable differences :)

lsterling

Reaction score
The only sitting involved in this mess was the frames sitting in my hot car, and I didn't expect this to have such dire consequences.

sbspecs will probably my only hope as JMM Customer Service already told me that I am out of luck with having purchased the frames a little more than a year ago:
Our warranty is only honorable for up to one year from the date that you purchased the frame with proof of receipt. We take pride in our handcrafted pieces from Japan made from some of the best artisans in the world. However, I can understand your frustration.

I feel like my love affair with JMM is coming to an abrupt end due to irreconcilable differences :)
I hate to hear that but I can't say I don't understand. How hot of a car are we talking? Did you put the glasses on while they were still hot?

Regardless, I have to admit that I've left my beater hand-me-down Ray-Bans in my car for literally years and have yet to have something like this happen. It is disappointing.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These do make me wonder whether to return my cameo pair and get these. Does anyone jbownif the cameo frame is meant to be a very light pink? I've read yes, but just not sure.

Cameo is a much more subtle pink compared with Dahlia.

Dahlia is almost florescent I would say.

Did you get your Cameo from the End sale? PM me if you want to sell.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have taste my friend!

I'm more of a Jordan, Nike, Yeezy guy myself.

IMG_6866.JPG

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi friends. Was finally able to try on a pair of Ascari's today. I figured I'd like them, and I do. They're similar in profile to the Thierry Lasry Rhude Rhevesions, which I'm also a fan of. There aren't many color options at the moment, and the only other I like is the Agar/Havana which both seem too similar to my Kaine in Agar, especially with the exposed wire core. Thus my options are the Tropical (pictured here) or the Black (grey/black lens, which I've photoshopped here). What do folks think?

BBe12ON.jpg
YSwegkZ.jpg

lFPSutl.jpg
gk18CDG.jpg

Walker>Ascari>HOPPER

doofalb

Reaction score
I hate to hear that but I can't say I don't understand. How hot of a car are we talking? Did you put the glasses on while they were still hot?

Regardless, I have to admit that I've left my beater hand-me-down Ray-Bans in my car for literally years and have yet to have something like this happen. It is disappointing.
Didn't measure the temperature, but I am in Hawaii. It's not Arizona or Texas, so highs are mid-80s. Even if it was at 100 or 110F in the car, that's a couple Fs more than my body temp after a rigorous workout mid-day (speaks against (!) my fitness ;)).

I've been wearing all sorts of glasses for 40+ years and have had the same backup "plastic" glasses sitting in the glove compartment for years without something like that ever happening. I guess it is tough luck and as you said disappointing.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi friends. Was finally able to try on a pair of Ascari's today. I figured I'd like them, and I do. They're similar in profile to the Thierry Lasry Rhude Rhevesions, which I'm also a fan of. There aren't many color options at the moment, and the only other I like is the Agar/Havana which both seem too similar to my Kaine in Agar, especially with the exposed wire core. Thus my options are the Tropical (pictured here) or the Black (grey/black lens, which I've photoshopped here). What do folks think?

BBe12ON.jpg
YSwegkZ.jpg

lFPSutl.jpg
gk18CDG.jpg
Candidly, I don’t really care for the Ascari on you. I think the other frames you have posted suit you more. These don’t harmonize with your features as well as the others. Ymmv, of course.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The spring hinges on some of the optical models are crucial for getting a good fit and for comfort.
I haven't worn them a ton yet (I wear contacts most of the time), but they've been surprisingly comfortable. Good fit on the nose and behind the years. It will take a little getting used to that much chonk in my peripheral vision.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Thanks! I will contact her.
SBSPECS is currently working on a pair of my wife's glasses; making a pair of custom clip-on's. From what I see on her instagram acct. she could probably fix your glasses easily.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, i'm confident they could be repaired also.

Heat the acetate and re-mould to fit the barrel.

Let it cool and it'll be rock solid again.

basscellosax

Reaction score
Owning an Enzo and having tried Dealan and Fellini, I think my perfect combination is Enzo for sunglasses and Dealan for eyeglasses!

Since I don't have the need fo prescription lenses (my eyesight is still good) and I'm unsure of the actual benefits of blue-blocking and similar lenses, the Dealans will have to wait.

BigRed

Reaction score
You have taste my friend!

I'm more of a Jordan, Nike, Yeezy guy myself.

View attachment 1808253
Trust me I’m a Jordan guy too (look at my profile pic 😁) however I’m on vacation so I had to grab what I currently have available lol. You have a great collection there sir! 🔥

Attachments

• 46DE84B7-B58C-4DE3-A2BF-AEE2DFF49027.jpeg
    46DE84B7-B58C-4DE3-A2BF-AEE2DFF49027.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 65

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads