• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I can’t decide between the Walker in Rover or in Fade. I like Rover and find it unique but the hood hardware makes it a bit loud. The Fade on the other hand looks black in most light but has that cool detail plus silver hardware. I don’t love the green lens and would probably switch it to black or grey.

ysNWyzp.jpg
ofPxkII.jpg
1zMXvDe.jpg
tcek6MU.jpg
SE0l4Oq.jpg

lsterling

Reaction score
I'm the proud new owner of these Taos in Eggshell - #20/50.

Wasn't originally completely sure that I'd be keeping them, but as is usually the case, I fell in love with them once I saw them in person. Maybe not as desirable as the Off White, but still very very cool.
20220624_162427.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that you say...My Jeff Shadow look a bit like movie theatre glasses :cool: but I love how they fit me.
About translucent frames, did you have the chance to have a pair of JMM Shironeri in your hands? They look gorgeous, the thick champagne acetate is amazing and they nail it with the transition to a darker temple end. Far away from cheap lab goggles from my point of view.

View attachment 1806151 View attachment 1806152
I’ve gone right off JMM in recent months.
I know I’m in the minority but I wonder if it’s a minority of one?😁 Anyone else feel similar?
Jeffs and Fellinis are the only styles to remotely picque my interest lately as the trend for most of the new releases I’ve seen seems to be moving towards hypoooge oval shaped styles which don’t suit me at all.
Jeffs are ridiculously overpriced and both they and Fellinis only seem to be available in boring colours. I want to see some in standout colours with intricately engraved wiring not thousand dollar clones of black and brown wayfarers.

At least being able to resist temptation is good for my wallet

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I know I’m in the minority but I wonder if it’s a minority of one?😁 Anyone else feel similar?
Jeffs and Fellinis are the only styles to remotely picque my interest lately as the trend for most of the new releases I’ve seen seems to be moving towards hypoooge oval shaped styles which don’t suit me at all.
Jeffs are ridiculously overpriced and both they and Fellinis only seem to be available in boring colours. I want to see some in standout colours with intricately engraved wiring not thousand dollar clones of black and brown wayfarers.

I must admit I've not been particularly drawn to most of the recent releases. Instead I've been hitting the jackpot with some older models I could either never find, or just weren't interested in at the time of their release.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat just need an Ascari in Argyle and more Vintage Tort and im good!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am almost there with you. I have not seen a new frame that I have liked since the Domoto.

I now have more pairs than I ever imagined accumulating. I have not yet even put Rx lenses in a few of them because my lenses are so ridiculously expensive.

I am still interested in seeing new stuff as it comes out but will not go on treasure hunts just for the thrill of the hunt. If my stockists can get the goods, I will try them on, but will not order on-line.

Also, in light of the recent price increases, I am telling myself that I am priced out of the titanium models.

I am also interested in other brands that have completely different esthetics. If I were to keep going, my funds would be likely allocated to those brands.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On face with and without lenses...seriously considering a transition. I REALLY like this frame. View attachment 1806347 View attachment 1806348
If you were to do a transition with that color frame, I would recommend an indoor tint that transitions to a dark tint. I would not do a transition from clear to dark.

You have many options for the indoor tint with the color of those frames. Personally, I would not be conservative.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads