• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Mr Jay

Reaction score
Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Cheers.

That is the best Kaine fit I've ever seen.

The Plaza is a nice frame as well although it has a safer, less interesting vibe than the Kaine's.

No brainer for me.

BigRed

Reaction score
Hey all - I recently had the opportunity to try on some JMM frames in store. Tried on the Enzo in Noir and the Sturges in Argyle.

Enzo

View attachment 1795812

Sturges

View attachment 1795813

Finishes aside (definitely looking for a tortoiseshell colour), I think the Enzo shape might be a bit too big so I'm leaning on the Sturges. What do you guys think?
I think the Enzo's look great on you!

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I think the Enzo's look great on you!

I tend to agree. Much more appealing than the Sturges imo. All this natter of Enzo being too big is merely waffle, and much like the Yves, they are big statement frames that may require an ounce of confidence to wear.

Whilst Enzo are not on my shopping list (that's another conversation), I deliberated for several months over buying the Yves before finally trying them on, and much to my surprise they weren't overkill to the point of me looking like an absolute dill, so I made a purchase. Maybe it's because back in the day – and long before JMM arrived – I comfortably wore oversize Dita Insider frames :p

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was definitely unsure of Enzo initially, especially Marquina (Black) against my lighter complexion.

However they actually fit great and it’s really nice to hear from others how well they suit me around the office. In fact, at my son’s soccer game this past weekend one of his 7yo team mates came across the field to tell me he loved my glasses which I thought was funny.

I couldn’t imagine still wearing my old Tom Ford frames. A few months into the world of JMM and I feel like it’s such a dramatic change.

Last edited:

lsterling

Reaction score
I tend to agree. Much more appealing than the Sturges imo. All this natter of Enzo being too big is merely waffle, and much like the Yves, they are big statement frames that may require an ounce of confidence to wear.

Whilst Enzo are not on my shopping list (that's another conversation), I deliberated for several months over buying the Yves before finally trying them on, and much to my surprise they weren't overkill to the point of me looking like an absolute dill, so I made a purchase. Maybe it's because back in the day – and long before JMM arrived – I comfortably wore oversize Dita Insider frames :p
I go back and forth on my Yves. Probably a little big for me...might part with them before too terribly long.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go back and forth on my Yves. Probably a little big for me...might part with them before too terribly long.

Are your Yves sun or optical?

I found them to work really well for sun, but feel a bit large for optical.

korektphool

Reaction score
Hi friends! Was finally able to track down a pair of Devaux that we popped the lenses out of to get a feel for how they would look optically. I'm now split between them and the Plaza above. What do y'all think?

PENwewG.jpg
T6Uq3Lg.jpg

Looks great, but the Plaza looks the best for your face.

Where is that pink colour overshirt from, on the picture with Plaza?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@lsterling if you do sell the Yves and want to do it locally, and at a discount, let me know. I did order the black fade at the trunk show but have been looking for a pair below retail to mess around with as well.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Looks great, but the Plaza looks the best for your face.

Where is that pink colour overshirt from, on the picture with Plaza?

Thanks! Everyone I've asked (both online and offline) prefers the Plaza. I'll likely go with them. The shirt is actually a brown linen and it's from Drake's (from a couple years ago).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, but I'll have to take a look at the other models you suggested when I get the chance! Finding JMM stockists with a decent selection of frames on this side of the pond is a bit tedious.

they’re all pretty classic square frames with some subtle details that set them apart. Fwiw I think the Enzo work decently well from that pic, and they’d work better still in a lighter colour

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads