• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Hello all. New member (actually old member re-upped); thought I'd post my meager collection (so far). Both Molino 51's, foreground Camel, background Reserve. Camel is favorite colorway, so far. Have a Molino Ocre awaiting shipment.

And, yes, I like Molino's 'cause they fit my face so well. Have tried several others but, no love.
Collection 1.jpg

lsterling

Reaction score
What happened with the temples on the Jeff? I have 2 pairs and if it's an issue I can avoid I'll try it.
Temples just loosened up over the course of a couple of months. I attribute it to my fat head. They started getting loose shortly after I got them and just got worse until they were driving me crazy. No big deal, but wanted to catch it in the warranty period. If you've been wearing yours with no issue, I wouldn't expect that you'll have a problem.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Temples just loosened up over the course of a couple of months. I attribute it to my fat head. They started getting loose shortly after I got them and just got worse until they were driving me crazy. No big deal, but wanted to catch it in the warranty period. If you've been wearing yours with no issue, I wouldn't expect that you'll have a problem.
I have some that loosened due to the old case and pressure loosening up the tension secured rivets... Really shouldn't have this issue at all with how expensive each frame is. Steven did tell me that they use a special hammer to tighten up the rivets when the tension is loose though.

lsterling

Reaction score
I have some that loosened due to the old case and pressure loosening up the tension secured rivets... Really shouldn't have this issue at all with how expensive each frame is. Steven did tell me that they use a special hammer to tighten up the rivets when the tension is loose though.
Mine had plenty of room in the case so I'm sure that wasn't the issue. I have no doubt they'll be good as new here in a couple of weeks.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I have two pairs of JMM sunglasses – both Kaine in Agar and Platinum (Agar pictured below). I recently ordered the Plaza eyeglasses for everyday use. I liked them when I tried them, but now I'm kinda curious about the Devaux for a rounder everyday look. What do folks think? My local shop doesn't have Devaux in stock to try, but maybe I can order them if I need/want to.

Kaine Sunglasses
9CgdzVI.jpg

Plaza Eyeglasses
dHuOBzb.png

Hi friends! Was finally able to track down a pair of Devaux that we popped the lenses out of to get a feel for how they would look optically. I'm now split between them and the Plaza above. What do y'all think?

PENwewG.jpg
T6Uq3Lg.jpg

lsterling

Reaction score
Hi friends! Was finally able to track down a pair of Devaux that we popped the lenses out of to get a feel for how they would look optically. I'm now split between them and the Plaza above. What do y'all think?

PENwewG.jpg
T6Uq3Lg.jpg
+1 for the Plaza from me. Devaux is a bit narrow on you, in my opinion. Not to mention my previously stated penchant for the more angular frames.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@malti001 did you try anything else? I feel like the something along the lines of Fellini or plaza or even Dealan would work well for you, especially if it’s a Havana with exposed wire core.

malti001

Reaction score
@malti001 did you try anything else? I feel like the something along the lines of Fellini or plaza or even Dealan would work well for you, especially if it’s a Havana with exposed wire core.

No, but I'll have to take a look at the other models you suggested when I get the chance! Finding JMM stockists with a decent selection of frames on this side of the pond is a bit tedious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads