• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Here's the current state of the collection, missing my Argyle Jeff which is currently at JMM having temples repaired. Also featuring my hand-me-down Prada mowing glasses in the corner of the frame 🤣 View attachment 1795654
Niceeeee. Which are your favorites?
Here is my collection..I am not sure which ones should come next :)
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-25 um 08.57.57.png

malti001

Reaction score
Hey all - I recently had the opportunity to try on some JMM frames in store. Tried on the Enzo in Noir and the Sturges in Argyle.

Enzo

PXL_20220430_130834904.jpg

Sturges

PXL_20220430_131144796.jpg

Finishes aside (definitely looking for a tortoiseshell colour), I think the Enzo shape might be a bit too big so I'm leaning on the Sturges. What do you guys think?

Yokimoto

Reaction score
Hey all - I recently had the opportunity to try on some JMM frames in store. Tried on the Enzo in Noir and the Sturges in Argyle.

Enzo

View attachment 1795812

Sturges

View attachment 1795813

Finishes aside (definitely looking for a tortoiseshell colour), I think the Enzo shape might be a bit too big so I'm leaning on the Sturges. What do you guys think?

It looks as though you’re raising your eyebrows in the pictures, which makes it hard to tell how they truly fit your face.

I don’t think I’d settle on either of those frames, to be honest. The Enzo seems a little big, but I prefer the square frame on your face.

lsterling

Reaction score
I'm sure lsterling has Yves in London so maybe he can provide some good photos. I tried on Yves London in Melbourne last week and I quite liked it although if I had the choice I'd probably choose Tempest (same orange lens) over that as the wirecore which I like, is more visible.
Sorry, Yves are Empire. Might be somewhat similar but the brown in the London looks a lot more muted and grey to my eye.

lsterling

Reaction score
Niceeeee. Which are your favorites?
Here is my collection..I am not sure which ones should come next :) View attachment 1795789
My favorite is my Enzo in Surplus. Probably wear that frame 19 days out of 20. I think your next move should be to pick up a colored frame like Surplus, Rover, Reserve, the new Ocre, etc. Give yourself a louder option. I didn't think I'd ever be wearing a green frame myself but it has turned out to be the favorite.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
It looks as though you’re raising your eyebrows in the pictures, which makes it hard to tell how they truly fit your face.

I don’t think I’d settle on either of those frames, to be honest. The Enzo seems a little big, but I prefer the square frame on your face.
I agree...none of those fits you
My favorite is my Enzo in Surplus. Probably wear that frame 19 days out of 20. I think your next move should be to pick up a colored frame like Surplus, Rover, Reserve, the new Ocre, etc. Give yourself a louder option. I didn't think I'd ever be wearing a green frame myself but it has turned out to be the favorite.
I love the Enzo by they are way too big for me. Sounds like a good advice. Dealan WAX, for example?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got one of the “chocolate” or “London” colourway or something similar? I wish camel was made in more styles. How do you like it?
I’ve been looking at some of the pairs with very light tints and am just curious how people enjoy them. Obviously wouldn’t be expecting amazing sun protection but I’m more interested in the vibe/styling

I think there’s a Chocolate TAOS at Harrolds.

At least there was a few months ago.

lsterling

Reaction score
I agree...none of those fits you

I love the Enzo by they are way too big for me. Sounds like a good advice. Dealan WAX, for example?
Enzo isn't for everyone, and they're too big for me as a sunglass, I think. Dealan Wax would be a better choice than Sand, in my opinion, since your light translucent is already covered by the Zephirin. Dealan in Olive, Volvox, or even a lighter tortoise like Oak or Argyle could fill some gaps for you as well. What color are your current Dealans? Agar?

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Enzo isn't for everyone, and they're too big for me as a sunglass, I think. Dealan Wax would be a better choice than Sand, in my opinion, since your light translucent is already covered by the Zephirin. Dealan in Olive, Volvox, or even a lighter tortoise like Oak or Argyle could fill some gaps for you as well. What color are your current Dealans? Agar?
The Dealan Dark Havana, the Fellini Agar.
I like your advice :) , Volvox or Wax might be a good option…

lsterling

Reaction score
The Dealan Dark Havana, the Fellini Agar.
I like your advice :) , Volvox or Wax might be a good option…
Happy to help! You have a very nice collection, and JMM doesn't tend to have a bad choice. I'm sure whatever you choose will fit in great, but I would stay away from black and dark tortoise for a bit, just to avoid redundancy.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Happy to help! You have a very nice collection, and JMM doesn't tend to have a bad choice. I'm sure whatever you choose will fit in great, but I would stay away from black and dark tortoise for a bit, just to avoid redundancy.
Agree!

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I have two pairs of JMM sunglasses – both Kaine in Agar and Platinum (Agar pictured below). I recently ordered the Plaza eyeglasses for everyday use. I liked them when I tried them, but now I'm kinda curious about the Devaux for a rounder everyday look. What do folks think? My local shop doesn't have Devaux in stock to try, but maybe I can order them if I need/want to.

Kaine Sunglasses
9CgdzVI.jpg

Plaza Eyeglasses
dHuOBzb.png
Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads