• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Welp sold a couple, got a couple

Rodeo
E9579A08-586D-4F4A-A02E-A9A3144ECAE0.jpeg

Zeph 47 Noir 6
920386D3-BE19-4EA2-ACC8-EF9B34A1D99B.jpeg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
The Yves Black Fade you saw / pre-ordered isn’t the release that went on the JMM site some months back. I believe that had a clear bottom and yellow tinted lens. This new Yves BF is grey bottom with a darker sun lens.

Not sure if this para was in response to my Yves post, but I hadn't seen or heard about the new model. I've been searching for the old model and managed to find a pair, which I'm adding gradient lenses to.

Curious how dark the sun lenses will be on this new model.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the second showing.

New Black Fade Yves is black>dark grey transition on the frame, with a green lens. The older model was black>clear with a yellow lens.

And just a couple more photos of Skye and Ochre.

98F304F9-A7F5-45D3-9790-34180B72B51C.jpeg
05BA94F5-6D68-42F0-806A-B9E8BFB74F46.jpeg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is after the Sandro in Hornet, let me know. I was in a store in London on Thursday that still have a pair! 😉

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to pop the lenses out of a pair of Enzos to see whether they'd work as opticals - is there a special way to do this on JMMs? I've done this before with other frames, but have been unable to get the lenses out of these, despite much effort. I've always popped lenses out of the front of the frame. I'm assuming that's also the case here, right? If anyone has any advice on how to accomplish this seemingly simple task, it'd be much appreciated!

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to pop the lenses out of a pair of Enzos to see whether they'd work as opticals - is there a special way to do this on JMMs? I've done this before with other frames, but have been unable to get the lenses out of these, despite much effort. I've always popped lenses out of the front of the frame. I'm assuming that's also the case here, right? If anyone has any advice on how to accomplish this seemingly simple task, it'd be much appreciated!

Having watched a couple shops work on a few of my Enzo’s, they always heated them first before popping them out. The acetate is thick on the Enzo, so I don’t think it pops as easily.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My retailer cold snapped my lenses out of the Taos at the store, but I’ve had problems before on another frame doing it at home myself. I was able to use a hair dryer to gently heat the frame but it was also a thinner acetate, so ymmv.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Do folks have any photos of the Devaux sunglasses? There aren't many online and my local retailer doesn't have any at the moment. Thanks.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever order from here: https://www.marclebihan.fr/en/

Looks like a legit site but wanted to check to see if anyone had prior experience.

Yes they are legitimate. I haven’t personally received glasses from them but they were at least honest enough to refund my money after the frames I purchased were found to be out of stock.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having watched a couple shops work on a few of my Enzo’s, they always heated them first before popping them out. The acetate is thick on the Enzo, so I don’t think it pops as easily.
My retailer cold snapped my lenses out of the Taos at the store, but I’ve had problems before on another frame doing it at home myself. I was able to use a hair dryer to gently heat the frame but it was also a thinner acetate, so ymmv.
Thanks both! I did try warming the acetate a bit with a blowdryer, but no luck. I think you're right that the thickness of the acetate has increased resistance to the extent that I should leave the work to a professional. I'll split the difference between sunglasses and opticals, send the frames into Zoomer for transitions, and leave the hard work to them.

Also, has anyone heard of the Wagram frame? Similar shape to the Insley and a couple other recent frames, but I hadn't seen these before. I also can't see a single post about them on this forum, which is a first. Anyone seen these in person and/or tried these on?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads