• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

lsterling

Reaction score
For three consecutive weeks I've had three lucky wins in what I consider to be the 'hard to find' basket. Firstly the Montana Reserve, then Felson Jasper, and now this week Yves Black Fade.

All are currently still in transit from abroad, but the vendor sent me this photo of the Yves and my plan for these is dark grey gradient lenses :cool:

View attachment 1794222 View attachment 1794223 View attachment 1794224
Those are awesome! Absolutely love Black Fade. Was that matte finish a factory colorway at one point? Looks incredible, and I might have to copy that lens for my Black Fade Dealans.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Those are awesome! Absolutely love Black Fade. Was that matte finish a factory colorway at one point? Looks incredible, and I might have to copy that lens for my Black Fade Dealans.

Unfortunately they were never a matte finish, it's only the production shots that make them appear matte. I am however going to investigate getting this done just on the outer face of the frames, much like Gogosha's custom Yves.

lsterling

Reaction score
Unfortunately they were never a matte finish, it's only the production shots that make them appear matte. I am however going to investigate getting this done just on the outer face of the frames, much like Gogosha's custom Yves.
I thought not. Would look killer though!

lsterling

Reaction score
I think it’s darker, yes.

I might be going to the other stores showing this evening.

If so I’ll try to get photos of everything.
I'd love to know what models are coming in the new fade colorway.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be going to a trunk show in about an hour and will try and get some pics, although i'm pretty much only looking to try 3 models and to ask about the potential Umit collab.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the evans optical? Cos I didn’t see them anywhere but I didn’t look at optical

I ended up pre ordering Yves in black fade. It’s a frame I’ve always wanted to try and something about the black fade just worked for me.
i also really liked the Lankaster and Mishima (not sure on the spellingand feel like I’ll end up with one of those at some point. Mishima feels like the kind of thing that will be a really popular new style. A pretty angular, square frame shape similar to Kaine and very easy to wear.
43727721-70D4-4D50-AACF-054C8597B17F.jpeg

6A99BA72-F2FE-4DA1-9866-1D570F78BC51.jpeg

And I got some epic news about the Umit collab but he said it’s about a year away so asked me not to share it. BUT if any of you mfers don’t save me a pair I’ll be pissed since the limited stuff doesn’t have much guarantee of making it to Australia.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Are the evans optical? Cos I didn’t see them anywhere but I didn’t look at optical

I ended up pre ordering Yves in black fade. It’s a frame I’ve always wanted to try and something about the black fade just worked for me.
i also really liked the Lankaster and Mishima (not sure on the spellingand feel like I’ll end up with one of those at some point. Mishima feels like the kind of thing that will be a really popular new style. A pretty angular, square frame shape similar to Kaine and very easy to wear.

And I got some epic news about the Umit collab but he said it’s about a year away so asked me not to share it. BUT if any of you mfers don’t save me a pair I’ll be pissed since the limited stuff doesn’t have much guarantee of making it to Australia.

Yes the Evans are classed as opticals but they do have lightly tinted lenses according to the model spec.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah yeah sorry, I didn’t even venture to that side. These kind of events are generally overwhelming to me so I just go in with my questions, try what I need to and then bounce.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Ah yeah sorry, I didn’t even venture to that side. These kind of events are generally overwhelming to me so I just go in with my questions, try what I need to and then bounce.

No worries, I guess it gives me more incentive to get to the Melbourne show lol.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t make it this evening to the second showing unfortunately, but I will likely get there tomorrow (they’re extending the showing to all day tomorrow).

Mishima is definitely going to be popular I feel. The green that looked like Rover on my earlier pic of Mishima is actually something new. I think it’s a little darker than Rover and doesn’t use gold elements.

The Yves Black Fade you saw / pre-ordered isn’t the release that went on the JMM site some months back. I believe that had a clear bottom and yellow tinted lens. This new Yves BF is grey bottom with a darker sun lens.

I meant to also say that anyone who pre-ordered now will get their frames from 1-3 months. There were a few that weren’t even going to release to 2023, but I think it might have been some of the frames I didn’t focus on as I only overheard this.

Steven who was presenting the collection was really cool to chat with and extremely knowledgeable (as you might expect I suppose).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads