• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

justinpledger

Reaction score
I’ve bought 3 pairs of JMM from Tariq at Seen….had nothing but positive experiences
Both in terms of product and service.
Yes this anecdotal but i believe that if you are unhappy you should contact them and
They’ll make it right..
You could also post on the JMM collector’s Facebook page as Tariq posts there.
It’s a shame you have had a less than stellar purchase.

Thank you to you for this, and to others for their replies too. I emailed Tareq last Friday and he was incredibly dismissive. In subsequent emails, he promised to investigate to find out what happened and to email me today. He hasn't bothered.

I'm baffled as to why my experience has been so poor. I have been nothing but polite and courteous. Anyway, I've sent them back but I'd say be wary of buying JMM glasses from them based on my experience.

Pureneat

Reaction score
Thank you to you for this, and to others for their replies too. I emailed Tareq last Friday and he was incredibly dismissive. In subsequent emails, he promised to investigate to find out what happened and to email me today. He hasn't bothered.

I'm baffled as to why my experience has been so poor. I have been nothing but polite and courteous. Anyway, I've sent them back but I'd say be wary of buying JMM glasses from them based on my experience.

Aah sorry to hear that…… frankly I’m surprised, given the status and high price of these things, you have every right to expect a better response. Maybe the success of the brand is breeding complacency………

epX

Reaction score
Recently loving the Rover frame. Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Walker Rover. Walker wears nice, I do slightly prefer the Ascari shape though and have them in Agar already. The clear version caught my eye which look dope imho.

Could also go with Enzo Rover... might be a bit much though.

Thoughts?

IMG_7061.PNG jacques-marie-mage-sunglasses-walker-rover-side (1).jpg

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
Tried on the hickory Taos this weekend and loved them. They actually fit my face pretty well. Pulling the trigger today and looking to get amber transitions added to them but not sure if I should get Xtractive or gen 8? What is everyone here getting?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across this optician on the FB JMM Collector's group named SBSpecs that does a lot of JMM alterations and repairs and was pretty impressed. Aside from the usual stuff, she also has some really nice work replacing the acetate nose bridge and building them up so they sit farther from the face and higher, something I've needed in the past and thought was only realistic by replacing the acetate with posts. I'm not sure if the FB group is public and you can see it below, but here is a vid of some of her work and a couple pics from JMM frames. No idea what it costs, though.

184280268_1222280031540873_8502665178130292358_n.jpg

271754095_10165861834445162_7652394518168441620_n.jpg

Attachments

• 271754095_10165861834445162_7652394518168441620_n.jpg
    271754095_10165861834445162_7652394518168441620_n.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 184280268_1222280031540873_8502665178130292358_n.jpg
    184280268_1222280031540873_8502665178130292358_n.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 45

sbspecs

Reaction score
I came across this optician on the FB JMM Collector's group named SBSpecs that does a lot of JMM alterations and repairs and was pretty impressed. Aside from the usual stuff, she also has some really nice work replacing the acetate nose bridge and building them up so they sit farther from the face and higher, something I've needed in the past and thought was only realistic by replacing the acetate with posts. I'm not sure if the FB group is public and you can see it below, but here is a vid of some of her work and a couple pics from JMM frames. No idea what it costs, though.

View attachment 1742932

View attachment 1742933

Thank you d4nimal for the mention!! I truly appreciate it! You can find my contact form on my website www.sbspecs.com. I would be happy to work with you to create some custom eyewear!! Sarah Bureau

SergioSP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone is looking for the acetate Nokona i might get rid of mine. Worn only few hours so virtually like new.

Pureneat

Reaction score
yes they look good on you, maybe because they aren’t such a solid acetate?

dwiz

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Those look great. I have the feeling you can rock just about any JMM frame you want. Got to admit, I’m a little jealous. Only the more plain/traditional frames work for me.

On a totally different note, a question for the group. How soon do transition lenses typically take to clear? I purchased gen 8 transitions from Zoomer Lens a few weeks ago. Seems like it takes 15+ minutes to clear inside. It’s been cold here in MN (-10 to +20 F), maybe that makes them more sluggish? This is my first pair of lenses with transition technology.

Lastly, another shout out to Zoomer Lens. Lens came back great, good price, good customer service. All by mail/email, going to be using them again.

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. I have the feeling you can rock just about any JMM frame you want. Got to admit, I’m a little jealous. Only the more plain/traditional frames work for me.

On a totally different note, a question for the group. How soon do transition lenses typically take to clear? I purchased gen 8 transitions from Zoomer Lens a few weeks ago. Seems like it takes 15+ minutes to clear inside. It’s been cold here in MN (-10 to +20 F), maybe that makes them more sluggish? This is my first pair of lenses with transition technology.

Lastly, another shout out to Zoomer Lens. Lens came back great, good price, good customer service. All by mail/email, going to be using them again.
I've been watching some YT videos about transitions. Seems like w/ Gen 8 and Xtractive, it still takes at least 5 min inside to go clear. The transitions definitely work faster in warmer environments and are more sluggish, as you said, when it's colder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads