• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goldblum looking great in Kobos

I really wanted the black to clear Kobo's work and fill my oversized optical desires, but the Standiford's were far and away a better fit for me.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe i'm just sold on his whole vibe pairing with these frames, but they look great to my eye. I looked pretty dork-tastic in the kobos, unfortunately.

Screenshot_20220122_134240_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1252380876637024.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_134237_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1252375366772963.jpg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe i'm just sold on his whole vibe pairing with these frames, but they look great to my eye. I looked pretty dork-tastic in the kobos, unfortunately.

View attachment 1741793
View attachment 1741794
I dunno, you have that same frame in a different, softer color and I bet it'd look good. In black it's just so stark against your whole ginger tsunami.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, you have that same frame in a different, softer color and I bet it'd look good. In black it's just so stark against your whole ginger tsunami.

As a (balding) redhead, I died at this comment ?

Kobos are one of the more odd JMM frames IMO.

verver

Reaction score
I’m liking the Donovan, seeing that it’s wide fit, with measurements of eye:54, bridge:26. But why is the stem so short at 137 (no way this would fit my head)? Can someone explain why such a wide frame has such a short stem length? Most jmm frames has stem at 145ish. Seems very incongruent

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
The kobos are funky but I really like them. If I was interested in JMM when they dropped, I definitely would have tried getting a pair in root beer.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m liking the Donovan, seeing that it’s wide fit, with measurements of eye:54, bridge:26. But why is the stem so short at 137 (no way this would fit my head)? Can someone explain why such a wide frame has such a short stem length? Most jmm frames has stem at 145ish. Seems very incongruent
I'm not 100% on this, but it looks that the side view show the front frame wraps around towards the arms before the hinge meets the stems. I don't think the stem measurement takes into account the extra wrap-around length.

2_Donovan_Havana5_3-4.jpg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kobos are funky but I really like them. If I was interested in JMM when they dropped, I definitely would have tried getting a pair in root beer.

Agreed. JMM will always have its more down the middle 'Molino' stuff with small changes added, but I like that every season we're seeing something pretty new in terms of shape, material, or Era of inspiration.
The best JMM frames imo are the ones that look perfect on 1 in 10 people and less so on the rest. It's the benefit of JMM being such an expirmental operation. Just look at the very first JMM collection, it was a very different glam women's oriented deal. I think the brand has found its core voice but I expect to see even more wild stuff in the future and that's what keeps a lot of us nerds interested in the brand.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I love JMM’s rimless frames. I’d not purchase them only because I purchased two gorgeous gold pairs from the late 1920’s/early ‘30’s at an estate sale years ago that have amazing jewelers details. I polished them up, one has clear lenses, the other blue tint, and they are great fun to wear when sporting the right attire in the right setting.

If I hadn’t the rimless pairs I have, I’d certainly consider JMM’s offerings, which I have tried on, and can attest are quality frames.

Besides, they didn’t hurt this guy…
94EA0FFE-C344-4C46-91D2-14BA3BD344B9.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads