• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s no way I’d be returning those Enzo’s. They look amazing on you Sebastian.

And while I’m fanboying, your hair is killer. I’m 39 and have begun shaving my head this past year, but all through my 20’s I used to sport the same hairstyle and dammit I miss it ?

In other news, I got my Argyle back from warranty to replace the front frame that has the loosened barrels from overheating/adjustment. They’re basically back to new again (they were a week old when they took them in), except they didn’t really fit the arms back flush, so more work is needed to get the fit back to factory.

Left side is ok and mostly flush

CDF8676F-FE1C-4E27-B10B-1CEA901444BD.jpeg

Right side a little off alignment

3CC1CA0E-1579-404E-A0F0-B22E979D48ED.jpeg

Handed in my Marquina for the same warranty replacement front frame as they too had barrel issues from overheating during adjustment.

Both the Argyle and Marquina were adjusted by my local store and they have been great to deal with, despite their poor adjustment causing the barrel issues in the first place.

The Surplus however are perfect as the guys from 1269 did an amazing job adjusting them based off measurements I sent them without affecting the barrels.

epX

Reaction score
Managed to get a hold of the Enzo in Granite (Limited to 50). Wanted to go Shadow or Noir initially for versatility but the slightly darker marble compared to Agar/Havanna should work just fine with most outfits. Should receive them this week.

Now thinking about adding them
in Rover…

Attachments

• B8F6AE01-6C18-435A-BCB1-8AD8BD05CF5D.jpeg
    B8F6AE01-6C18-435A-BCB1-8AD8BD05CF5D.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 74E71C94-FB84-4046-8E2A-A5BEA69C59F1.jpeg
    74E71C94-FB84-4046-8E2A-A5BEA69C59F1.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

bambounu

Reaction score
What's your favourite JMM(s) with metal frame? ?

I've recently received the Sexton to try on (gold beta titanium frame).

I really like how the frame feels and how the lenses look as well.
Not sure about the look, as I'm still not very good on matching sunglasses with faces.

What do you guys think?
Keep?or pass ??
Sexton 1.png

Sexton 2.png

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
Sadly can’t wear any acetate frames since I virtually have no nose bridge and need nose pads. Thinking of getting a pair of Jaggers with amber transition lenses ?

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@epX How did I miss Granite as color, love those. Would have asked the JMM rep if he had a pair if id known that was a new material floating around.

Edit, Oh looks like granite popped up with the last collection. Really dig it.

epX

Reaction score
@epX How did I miss Granite as color, love those. Would have asked the JMM rep if he had a pair if id known that was a new material floating around.

Edit, Oh looks like granite popped up with the last collection. Really dig it.

Yea its a really unique colour. For me it was a great option as I wanted the versatility of some black shades with some added pop. The Enzo Granite were part of a limited collab with a german distributor: https://www.leidmann.com/products/j...leidmann-granite?_pos=18&_sid=3e17f6f9a&_ss=r

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hadn't seen those. Really smart color/frame choice for their collab.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the Shozo for the first time - actually quite intrigued by them in camel. Has anyone tried these on, or are there available fit pics anywhere online?

1_Shozo_Camel_RX_Front_1000x1000_b6d1dfc6-0714-4a51-aee5-e2f29ea35979 - 01.jpg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the Shozo for the first time - actually quite intrigued by them in camel. Has anyone tried these on, or are there available fit pics anywhere online?

View attachment 1740729
I love the camel acetate in a frame I'd seen it on in the past. It seems to have the same arms shared from the Domoto and similar profile (rounded out a little more), I'd guess it wears rather similarly as well. I'd love to see more, though, myself. Where'd you see this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics