• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Since u already have 2 Enzos, try a different frame for the sunglasses!

Any suggestions for my face shape?

When I tried some others I found Torino was pretty cool, as was Yves.

I found Walker and Mollini to be too narrow vertically and too wide.

Bingham

Reaction score
Have a pair of Fellini in Argyle coming from Italy- currently on hold in customs w/ DHL :mad:

Hopefully they aren't delayed too long!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considered transitions, light tints, but as these will be for daily home/office use, I kept the lenses plain with an AR coating. Transitions while super appealing to get the best bang for buck worried me a little as my office is quite bright with a lot of sunlight. Enzo already being quite a big sunglasses looking frame, I didn’t want to appear to be wearing sunglasses inside.

Aren't modern windows all UV blocking now? This is actually a good question as I was planning on getting transitions and didn't even consider that.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine that is the case in most modern office buildings, however I’m in a converted warehouse.

Aphid

Reaction score
Hey hope you're all well! Looking to buy a pair of Ascari sunglasses in Noir.
New to JMM and excited to get into it all. Any and all help appreciated

Resurfacing this.
Also looking for Whiskeyclones in Noir!

Pureneat

Reaction score
Got my RX Julien today, these are pretty much the best JMM so far in what I have been looking for……in terms of rx at least.. they have the big thick aesthetic but suit the smaller mug like mine.

Attachments

• C30A5E0C-8886-4D48-A313-F015ABB9ACEE.jpeg
    C30A5E0C-8886-4D48-A313-F015ABB9ACEE.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 110
  • C1FD593B-305A-462F-A750-E18D555B104D.jpeg
    C1FD593B-305A-462F-A750-E18D555B104D.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 119

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my RX Julien today, these are pretty much the best JMM so far in what I have been looking for……in terms of rx at least.. they have the big thick aesthetic but suit the smaller mug like mine.

I tried on the Julien today in Hickory and they’re such a nice frame. Congrats.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Oh, how I wish this had been available when I purchased my Jax, which just strike me as a tad too large. Enjoy, wear them in good health, and if you ever feel so motivated, I would enjoy seeing them worn by a fellow reasonably sized headed guy. Really, what’s with these massive headed fellows?!?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my first pair of JMM today. Enzo Marquina. My second pair, Enzo Argyle will be ready next week, but I’m loving this pair so far.

Getting used to a new prescription as I had not updated mine in 8 years, so a slight headache for the first few hours this morning. I had the frame adjusted outward at the ends of the arms to stop a pinch behind the ears, but otherwise the fit is perfect. They sit on the nose and ears nicely with no pressure anywhere else.

Probably wouldn’t have killed me to smile for the photo, but you get the idea ?

1F2ADEE4-2A35-48D3-86EA-2CF192EDF70A.jpeg

Pureneat

Reaction score
Yep! They work well,….post a pic of the Argyle, think they might even be better

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argyle we’re my first choice. I was initially only interested in getting one pair. But you know, different outfits and color coordination ?

Will post up next week when they arrive. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently sprang for a pair of LF direct from JMM as the likelihood of me finding a pair to try on in person in a shop is slim to none.
Construction and finishing are absolutely top drawer as you’d expect but my line of thinking was “at this price if they don’t give me an instant boner when I try them on, they’re going back!”
Being as I tend to lean towards the more conservative in terms of style and ‘weight’ on the JMM spectrum these are just too big and heavy for my tastes so they’re going back. I liked the silver background of the thunderbirds on this version rather than the ‘stuck on’ version of the rovers, but I just don’t see myself wearing these and certainly not at $1.8k so don’t try to convince me otherwise! I’ll continue my journey in search of the perfect pair but thought some viewers might be interested in how they look …
D118252B-D9B3-4B1A-B968-B40E58A74FCC.jpeg
B7A2617A-1A27-49AE-B98F-07457DED6A3D.jpeg

Additional shot comparing the frame width with my Dealans.

Pureneat

Reaction score
Those are really nice, no Really nice, and the they look good in that picture. But you have arrived at a place that I reside at……. most JMM are just a bit too wide across the total width of the frame, (wish they’d publish this crucial dimension)such that they look a bit clunky face on.for me 140mm is usually the max I can get away with, sometimes 145 Depending on lens shape.
i took a punt on the Julien using an educated guess, Big Reds pix(thx again) and swayed by the JMM marketing speak saying that they would work with a smaller face and yeah turned out they’re just right. ….
my point is to keep going, maybe the LF Rawlins ?…oh they’re RX only ? …..totally agree that if they don’t blow up yer skirt, return them…..don’t let it get you down.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads