• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

BigRed

Reaction score
It’s definitely not that saturated and deep irl, this shot looks like saturation and contrast were cranked up a little. Muted matte grey and almost a lavender tint. Quite nice though not for me.

Yea the pic has a filter on it...for sure not that purple but more of a lighter lavender. I posted a natural pic of it earlier in the thread.

Lithium Br8kfst

Reaction score
Hate to let these go but I have my eye on another pair.
Anyone interested in a brand new/unworn pair of Fellini's in Tempest?
(box papers of course included)

Thought I'd try here before listing them all over/elsewhere.
Looking for what I have into them... $850 shipped anywhere in the world.
DM if interested. Gracias.

Attachments

• fellinitempest.jpeg
    fellinitempest.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 70
  • fellinitempest2.jpeg
    fellinitempest2.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took some effort to get the Ichikawa but after a bunch of emails, misleads and a refund from a false in-stock, they arrived from the UK. Thankfully, after all that effort, I think they fit well enough for me to keep.

Considering having these finished with Transitions. Any recommendations near the Bay Area/SF?
48904AED-A9D0-455C-B83D-F458DC7E4736.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Took some effort to get the Ichikawa but after a bunch of emails, misleads and a refund from a false in-stock, they arrived from the UK. Thankfully, after all that effort, I think they fit well enough for me to keep.

Considering having these finished with Transitions. Any recommendations near the Bay Area/SF? View attachment 1717210

I think @UrbanComposition knows of a spot in downtown San Francisco, where some place charges amazingly low prices. I haven't used them, but he has had good results.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think @UrbanComposition knows of a spot in downtown San Francisco, where some place charges amazingly low prices. I haven't used them, but he has had good results.
Eycon 88
746 Washington St
San Francisco

I think I payed…$80 for transitions? I can’t remember. But wayyyy cheaper than my optician. Had them done on both Dealan and Ichikawa.

Pureneat

Reaction score
New models on the JMM website…….Titan, another new name for black …..

am going with Julien

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Enzo for optical?

I’ve been away from Styleforum for a few years now and just returned recently as I discovered JMM when looking to replace my now 6+ year old Tom Ford / Oliver Peoples Opticals and Sunglasses. Saw the JMM Enzo on Jeff Goldblum on a program and began the hunt to find out what he was wearing. Thanks to this forum and this enormous thread, I’ve learned a lot.

Fast forward 2 weeks and a couple of visits to local retailers who sell JMM and I’ve just purchased two pairs of the Enzo in Argyle and Marquina for some variety in outfits. Both came with respective tinted lenses but I’m having prescription lenses (which are very much overdue) added to use as opticals only. Really excited about them. Trying them on they really made my old Tom Ford’s feel old.

Considered transitions, light tints, but as these will be for daily home/office use, I kept the lenses plain with an AR coating. Transitions while super appealing to get the best bang for buck worried me a little as my office is quite bright with a lot of sunlight. Enzo already being quite a big sunglasses looking frame, I didn’t want to appear to be wearing sunglasses inside.

I’m now looking at purchasing the Enzo Surplus from the U.S. (I’m in Australia), as I can’t find them locally, as a dedicated pair of sunglasses. There seems to be a few pairs floating around U.S. stores still. Saw the Surplus finish on another frame here and I love the green. Might be too much of the same frame, but the Enzo really caught my attention.

I do tend to wear hats a lot also and the Enzo might prove a little big in that scenario, so I may end up grabbing a Torino or something similar in shape but with less height compared to the Enzo. I‘m older, balder and rocking that dad bod compared to when I used to post here, but hopefully the Enzo will give me a clean updated look over these older Tom Ford’s.

Pics to come this weekend when I pick them up.

2ABCFCED-46BE-46E0-854B-E8ED62D7A5FE.jpeg

6ECD2A36-7554-4D21-870F-291E944D62F9.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been away from Styleforum for a few years now and just returned recently as I discovered JMM when looking to replace my now 6+ year old Tom Ford / Oliver Peoples Opticals and Sunglasses. Saw the JMM Enzo on Jeff Goldblum on a program and began the hunt to find out what he was wearing. Thanks to this forum and this enormous thread, I’ve learned a lot.

Fast forward 2 weeks and a couple of visits to local retailers who sell JMM and I’ve just purchased two pairs of the Enzo in Argyle and Marquina for some variety in outfits. Both came with respective tinted lenses but I’m having prescription lenses (which are very much overdue) added to use as opticals only. Really excited about them. Trying them on they really made my old Tom Ford’s feel old.

Considered transitions, light tints, but as these will be for daily home/office use, I kept the lenses plain with an AR coating. Transitions while super appealing to get the best bang for buck worried me a little as my office is quite bright with a lot of sunlight. Enzo already being quite a big sunglasses looking frame, I didn’t want to appear to be wearing sunglasses inside.

I’m now looking at purchasing the Enzo Surplus from the U.S. (I’m in Australia), as I can’t find them locally, as a dedicated pair of sunglasses. There seems to be a few pairs floating around U.S. stores still. Saw the Surplus finish on another frame here and I love the green. Might be too much of the same frame, but the Enzo really caught my attention.

I do tend to wear hats a lot also and the Enzo might prove a little big in that scenario, so I may end up grabbing a Torino or something similar in shape but with less height compared to the Enzo. I‘m older, balder and rocking that dad bod compared to when I used to post here, but hopefully the Enzo will give me a clean updated look over these older Tom Ford’s.

View attachment 1717364
View attachment 1717363
That's great - I think what you're describing is a pretty common feeling when people first discover JMM. They kinda have the special sauce no one else does. I can picture the Enzo on you, I think they'll look good on you.

And eventually your kids, who inherited your bone structure.

verver

Reaction score

View attachment 1717364
View attachment 1717363
Good stuff. Since u already have 2 Enzos, try a different frame for the sunglasses!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics