• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

BigRed

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting the Dealan’s to work for me for a long time and haven’t been convinced that they alright in my face. I tried this Hickory 53 today and thought it looked better than the black pair on me…thought?
4D8E8C18-38C5-4705-8A86-9EB7E6A3AB1C.jpeg
91AEB21C-C3F7-46A0-93AA-94501B9F2E46.jpeg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly I think the Dealans only work on people with big Dylan hair or very wide faces but I’m sure there are some exceptions I’ve missed.

doofalb

Reaction score
I recently saw some professional shots and the Plaza looks amazing . . . so much so that I pre-ordered charcoal and rover. The Balzac (terrible name) is also intriguing.
Where did you find the Plaza for pre-order?

garigo

Reaction score
Looking to try on some JMM pairs for the first time. Does anyone have experience and can recommend retailers in Paris?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marc Le Bihan - they have several locations
I'm pretty sure I bought glasses there (Yellows Plus, though they some JMM as well) while I was in Paris early 2020. If it's what I'm thinking of, it was a cool shop and really friendly service. They were happy to pop some lenses out of a couple pairs of SG's so I could see them as opticals. There's also a Lesca shop that's not that far away, if I remember correctly, as well as some other indy boutiques around walking distance.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my first pair I intended to have them made into opticals but I was in the midst of cataract surgery so I waited until that was done to get possibly a new prescription. After all was said and done I don't need glasses anymore. I been wearing them since I was 14.

Bingham

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting the Dealan’s to work for me for a long time and haven’t been convinced that they alright in my face. I tried this Hickory 53 today and thought it looked better than the black pair on me…thought?
View attachment 1713752 View attachment 1713754
Hickory is such a great color. Have a pair of Sturges in that and love them.

Bingham

Reaction score
Have the itch to get another pair something fierce! But trying to sell off a pair I don't wear so as not to awaken the ire of my wife with a $600+ purchase weeks before Christmas...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads