• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Reaction score
Looking to sell a Molino Hickory with Turquoise Lens.

Edit: Sold. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me put a lien on my home
Was just about to pull the trigger on some Leisure Society. Will now wait!
Is December 2nd the day they release them or the day they reveal them?
I admit to being a sucker but this manufactured demand by trickling out releases is annoying AF. Like when my football team reveals the new season’s kit in small bits day by day. Just release the damn thing already.

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Reaction score
Hey guys! First of all, what an amazing community you have here :D

So.. I've always been into spectacles - to be fair, only into the metal ones. Somehow acetate frames always looked and felt like toys to me. That was until I had in my hands the first pair of Jacques Marie Mage. I was blown away by the sturdiness of the frame and that acetate.. just wow! So I got myself a pair, Pasolini in black. The optician mentioned that this frame is some sort of special edition.. anyway what really drew me into this one was the unique shape, oh and the metal gold rims - such a nice touch. Still not sure if this will be my only spec from the brand.. I guess we'll see ?

IMG_7294.jpg

WE349

Reaction score
You started off with one of the more grail models! Its quite special and unique. The slope is slippery, be careful.

Mr Jay

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.. well, I'll try at least ?

Cobra

Reaction score
How long does it take you guys to hear from JMM about returns?

Valfunde

Reaction score
Hey guys! First of all, what an amazing community you have here :D

So.. I've always been into spectacles - to be fair, only into the metal ones. Somehow acetate frames always looked and felt like toys to me. That was until I had in my hands the first pair of Jacques Marie Mage. I was blown away by the sturdiness of the frame and that acetate.. just wow! So I got myself a pair, Pasolini in black. The optician mentioned that this frame is some sort of special edition.. anyway what really drew me into this one was the unique shape, oh and the metal gold rims - such a nice touch. Still not sure if this will be my only spec from the brand.. I guess we'll see ?

View attachment 1711537
Well, let me ask what everyone's thinking: what shop?

dsk321

Reaction score
The Taos appear the best on you so far.
I really like the Taos on you.

Those are actually a pair I want to try next if I can find some in person.
Tnx! I picked them up at the Abbott Kinney shop and they did a great job with some adjustments to widen it. It’s a pretty cool place and I happened to be in LA with time to kill. I been lusting for an eclipse.

It’s just funny on most people they are bold and oversized but for me they feel like a balanced medium frame.

dsk321

Reaction score
The bridge on the Taos looks too small on you. You may be better off with a frame with a wider bridge.
i just accept my face will always have a gap on most sunglasses, including jmm. Only keyhole designs and wire frames mask it.

i''ve done side by side comparisons on every pair i've held/possessed and the actual nosepad widths are the same, regardless of listed bridge width. You can also see it across 1269 pics. He and I have a similar broad nose shape and the gap is always there, just some shots mask it slightly depending on the lighting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads