• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone know of any upcoming JMM-included Black Friday sales? I know JMM seems to discourage price reductions and most sites exclude JMM frames. Early happy T-giving to all and safe travels.

Last edited:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At my local boutique “The Eye Gallery” in Houston Texas…she has two stores there I got the only Fade at one store and I think she has one at the other…she had the other colors and all colors of the Ichikawa.

Curious if one of these locations has better JMM stock than the other?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newb question

Need some new Optical frames. Any recommendations for stockists in Northern California that have a particularly good selection?

BigRed

Reaction score
Curious if one of these locations has better JMM stock than the other?

The Westheimer location used to have the best stock but the Post Oak location recently got a lot of good stuff (that’s where I got my Dark Havanah Ichi’s)…so now both are great!

SimModa

Reaction score
Stingray.

10 of 100
652D847D-6B53-4753-9A33-E4E58C802051.jpeg
00ADD5C6-2F69-4185-9DE8-71B51D458665.jpeg
Cool but really loud. It’s a bit of a gradient from a red-orange to a yellow. Tthese will probably go back. If anyone wants them at cost + shipping (or meet up in FL) let me know.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really, really like the new Taos in chocolate with lavander colorway lens. Chocolate&lavander?. What a delicious and embracing frame!!.
No one pulled the trigger?.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right, they are not so much saturated for my liking. From their site, the lavander lens look darker. JMM should think about giving the lensens more contrast. The tropical color is a good example.
Edit. I think Taos is another iconic JMM frame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads