• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
anyone have an issue with tarnishing hardware?

have a pair of walkers in noir and the silver arrows at the temple are tarnishing and i find that disappointing

Yep had a pair of Fitz that came like that. I used some silverware polish and it did the trick. The gold hardware holds up remarkably nice given the sand, heat, and salt water I’m usually around. Don’t even try to polish the gold hardware though cause it will turn silver

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we doing this? OK I’m in!
AEC99950-505B-4779-A9B7-02773546DB50.jpeg

Dealan AS in hickory.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, a frame that costs that much, stored well, and barely worn shouldnt patina in less than a year.
Yeah but it’s real silver. At least you know it’s real silver which gets a tarnish on it in a short space of time unless friction applied - so a silver ring won’t tarnish much as it’s in constant contact with other fingers but the silver arrow hinge pins …

Almost any jeweller will give away a polishing cloth in the same way that optical shops give away those lens cleaning cloths. A bit rub with that and they’ll be shining like new.

pockets

Reaction score
Yeah but it’s real silver. At least you know it’s real silver which gets a tarnish on it in a short space of time unless friction applied - so a silver ring won’t tarnish much as it’s in constant contact with other fingers but the silver arrow hinge pins …

Almost any jeweller will give away a polishing cloth in the same way that optical shops give away those lens cleaning cloths. A bit rub with that and they’ll be shining like new.

fair and good point, just felt premature.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you're in, sir. Is that the Squarzi Dealan?
Correct.
These along with my reserve Comanche are my favourite JMMs.
If I see the right pair of Last Frontiers that might be my last before I fall any further down the rabbit hole. Not many available right now and not sure if/when the next release will be but if you’re gonna dream - dream big!

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Correct.
These along with my reserve Comanche are my favourite JMMs.
If I see the right pair of Last Frontiers that might be my last before I fall any further down the rabbit hole. Not many available right now and not sure if/when the next release will be but if you’re gonna dream - dream big!

Which model specifically are you chasing? My local store has some stock.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which model specifically are you chasing? My local store has some stock.
I definitely want the oversized arrows at the temples and the turquoise thunderbirds on the tips (not the beaded ones!). Either rover or havana, not black or royal. (Not sure what other colours they came in).
I don’t like the red clouds or Laramie, not sure of all the other frame option names.
Santa Fe in Roger would be cool but I’m probably too late for them. More recently Rawlins looked interesting but they were opticals not sunglasses. I’d need to throw some more $$ to get tinted lenses but I do have a mild prescription so in that case could get some PSV discount!
On the rare occasion I see LFs that aren’t priced ridiculously over MRP they are ‘in store only’ so not easily available to buy online. Any suggestions / help much appreciated.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Just picked up the new Plaza ( I think that’s the name lol) in a matte grey with purple lens from the new collection I’ll post when received.

Looking forward to seeing those.

These Upsetters look interesting with the checkered hardware. I'm upset I can't find any more pics online o_O

IMG_7344.jpg

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone willing/able to share pics of the new models or colors? I can’t seem to find any online either with the exception of the Instagram pictures. Looks like Gogosha is currently having a “preview event”.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads