• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the optician and picked up my new glasses. The JMM Artaud. These things are a far cry from the Oakleys I was wearing before. Was looking for some input! Do they look alright?

EvotmcH.jpg
they look good, but since they are wider than your face and you seemingly have a myopic prescription, the distortion is more obvious. I recently learned that for someone with a high myopic rx its best to have the frames not be wider than your temples.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the optician and picked up my new glasses. The JMM Artaud. These things are a far cry from the Oakleys I was wearing before. Was looking for some input! Do they look alright?

EvotmcH.jpg
From the perspective of having bold, a bit oversized, optical frames that look good, I think these suit you well. I could also see your face working with frames that are narrower.

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
I say this a lot, but the picture is wayyyyy too close to really know if the frames are wider than his face or not. We are making a lot of assumptions based on imperfect data.

Try taking a picture farther away or in the mirror. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes.

View attachment 1682465

Understood! Just ran to a restroom to snag a picture in the mirror. Is this better?

GzdXqPa.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Third and final installment of my first JMM journey. My wife couldn't join me this time, so pics are selfies taken by a man who's blind without his prescription lenses. It was also raining badly in Chicago this afternoon, so you find me soaked after a rainstorm. Judge accordingly.

Anyway, I was finally able to try the Zephirins in 47 in noir and platinum:

Also tried the Molino in 55 while there:

Prudhon in tortoise:

Ichikawas in noir, which I've been quite eager to try. Not quite sure what I think of these. I think I'd like them better if I grew out my hair again, if that makes any sense.

More Fellini, but this time in root beer: Not actually Fellinis - those are a few posts down. These are Molinos again!

And the regular Molino:

I think my favorites are the Zeph 47 in platinum, Prudhon in tortoise, and if you want to make a statement with your eyewear, then Ichis.

Understood! Just ran to a restroom to snag a picture in the mirror. Is this better?

GzdXqPa.jpg

I think those look good on you.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for everyone's feedback. I'm going to grab the Fellinis as sunglasses and will then also think I've narrowed the opticals down to Zeph 47s in platinum or Prudhon in noir. Would be very happy with either--they're both comfortable, the more discreet width I would prefer for opticals, and they share a bridge design that I particularly like--but also would appreciate any opinions on fit factors that might lead me to prefer one over the other.

IMG_6506.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for everyone's feedback. I'm going to grab the Fellinis as sunglasses and will then also think I've narrowed the opticals down to Zeph 47s in platinum or Prudhon in noir. Would be very happy with either--they're both comfortable, the more discreet width I would prefer for opticals, and they share a bridge design that I particularly like--but also would appreciate any opinions on fit factors that might lead me to prefer one over the other.

View attachment 1682484 View attachment 1682485
Definitely the Prudhon. Just based on the posted photos, you seem to smile or appear satisfied only when you are wearing the Prudhons.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Prudhon. Just based on the posted photos, you seem to smile or appear satisfied only when you are wearing the Prudhons.
Yes, it does, doesn't it. Although, to be fair, I'm mostly blind without my prescription lenses, so can't see much more than a pasty blur with a couple black eye boxes when taking these pictures. Not sure, then, whether my expression reflects my self-evaluation or simply my inability to know what I should be doing with my face at the time.

But maybe my subconscious still sees and knows and likes the Prudhon.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes again to Fellini for sunglasses.

For opticals, I think both the Zeph 47 and Prudhon fit you well.

I would go with the Zeph 47. I don’t care for the Prudhon on you. I don’t like the angles of the Prudhon and how it echoes the shape of your face. I see too many rectangles when you are wearing the Prudhon.

The Zeph 47 has softer angles and a taper that both work better with your face.

Last edited:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you all have any advice regarding anti-reflective coating on the back of sunglass lenses? I always take AR coating on my opticals, but I’ve had mixed feedback from people (including opticians) regarding whether it’s worth the upcharge on sunglasses. Not sure whether it’s worth the extra $100 in this instance.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Do you all have any advice regarding anti-reflective coating on the back of sunglass lenses? I always take AR coating on my opticals, but I’ve had mixed feedback from people (including opticians) regarding whether it’s worth the upcharge on sunglasses. Not sure whether it’s worth the extra $100 in this instance.
When I am on the tennis and pickleball courts, if I haven’t an anti reflective coating on the back, my eyes stare back at me when the sun is at a particular angle. The coated lens reduces the amount of light that passes through the front, and minimizes glare and reflections on the back. Without an AR coating the backside of a dark sunglass lens will reflect light and glare, and for me personally, playing with my eyes looking back at me is a real distraction.

That’s a pretty specific event, I know, but it is my experience.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of brand new Havana Taos? My dad has a pair he’s looking to sell. Brand new with all the whistles haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads