• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Al Paso

Reaction score
Thoughts on gold rimmed sunglasses with steel/white gold jewelery (watch, necklace etc). Looking at Peyote's in gold. But also trying to be patient for some thick MF acetate aviators
4EF25CEE-5048-4D30-BCD0-85D71BD39A88.jpeg

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Ok folks need your opinions here. I am buying my second pair of JMMs and ive decided on the Taos in either glass or Tempest.
View attachment 1674160 View attachment 1674161

i dont have any clear frame glasses.
I love the funkiness of the frames but am stuck on which ones to get.

which one would be more versatile?

for reference the other chunky frame glasses i have
- fellinis in royal
- oliver people x berlutti in black with silver hardware
- dita auder in tortoise with brown gradient lenses
Both are handsome, but since you haven’t any frames in glass, I would lean towards those. Moreover, the beautiful embossed temples really stand out in glass. Certainly, they would be most versatile.

You can not go wrong with either one though. Whatever you select, enjoy!

SergioSP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone is looking for a pair of Kobo black fade ( sold out ) i might get rid of them

liahos1

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I need to think about this. I really like both of then and in a vacuum would lean toward tempest, but i have nothing at all like glass.

on another note, I am also in market for other pairs please dm mean youre willing to sell

Laramie Reserve
Yellowstone Fellini Sage
Kobo Rootbeer

kenperez101

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to the JMM thread, I wanted to ask anyone of you, have you experienced any quality issues with your JMM frames I own the Jax, and so far it's been holding up strong. But I had some of the stamping on the inside fade already. I do regularly clean them with the provided cloth.

Attachments

• 16325093707636514637306215298416.jpg
    16325093707636514637306215298416.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 85

supermang

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to the JMM thread, I wanted to ask anyone of you, have you experienced any quality issues with your JMM frames I own the Jax, and so far it's been holding up strong. But I had some of the stamping on the inside fade already. I do regularly clean them with the provided cloth.

My the gold lettering on my current JMM optical frames started rubbing off at around the 4th or 5th month of wear. Been wearing glasses daily for like 25 years and that happens regardless of the quality of frame.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention when I was trawling sunglasses shops this week …
Oliver People’s does the six slot leather brief case too. I didn’t look too closely and I’ve never handled the JMM version so I can’t speak to a comparison but I think the fella said it was $500 available in burgundy or black which may be a bit cheaper than the JMM one if anyone’s interested but wanting to save a few $$.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what frames these are? I need these. Kinda like a cross between Kobo and Walkers.

867FBF93-7796-49F5-A577-E239F249A075.jpeg

Last edited:

jerozzo

Reaction score
Had no idea these existed, thanks for posting. Crazy frame, I wouldn't say they're my favorite but they look more subdued on your face. Do the side shield things seem to block out more light?
The side shields protect very well from the sun
50B137AC-6ACC-4BE1-96D0-D3E812BA8F49.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics