• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

justinnyangg

Reaction score
Sadly going to sell my Ichi in sand. Brand new. Never worn. Never adjusted. Tried on a couple of times. Come with all original packaging, edition card, and demo lenses.

#15/140

I had polarized MIJ lenses with AR coating on the back put in. Non rx. Ideally I'd like to get my money back paid I think $750 but open to offers. I am in the CONUS. Would rather not go through another site and send these to a good home.

View attachment 1667593
Would gladly grab these off you

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of olive lenses in the wild? In some pics they look like a dark green olive and in others a more translucent yellow olive. I guess it depends on if the pic is on a face vs on a table with white background.

I have Fellini in the same dark havana colourway/lens combo and it's far from being in the olive green spectrum. I know the lighting in the second photo of me sinking beers doesn't help much but if you focus moreso on the left lens it's certainly more yellow than olive green.

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Fellini in the same dark havana colourway/lens combo and it's far from being in the olive green spectrum. I know the lighting in the second photo of me sinking beers doesn't help much but if you focus moreso on the left lens it's certainly more yellow than olive green.

View attachment 1673461
View attachment 1673464

Cool. Thank you. The beer pic looks great. I was thinking the lens might be too yellow for my liking but I see how the yellow lens and the frames look great on. Damn. I had already wrote off the combination but now I think I have to try and see IRL. Going to be calling stocklists near me.

Retlas

Reaction score
Hey folks. Just went for my first pair (Dealans) but think they could be a shade too big but wanted some feedback. Think just at the temples…

Attachments

• 13BB2108-F1B6-41B8-8366-3545F280DDB7.jpeg
    13BB2108-F1B6-41B8-8366-3545F280DDB7.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 397859B7-D31D-4689-98E4-0FC81EE0B369.jpeg
    397859B7-D31D-4689-98E4-0FC81EE0B369.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 163

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those are too big, even for JMM lovers!

I visited three dealers in the Fort Lauderdale area yesterday. Came away empty handed. Nothing very inspiring there other than confirming that the Jax suits me well and I love the bottle green lenses in the Seberg but not ready to throw down $800 for them. Still waiting to get to new york and I’ll look into getting Moscot to customise a similar frame for half the price.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey folks. Just went for my first pair (Dealans) but think they could be a shade too big but wanted some feedback. Think just at the temples…
Too big, as others have said. If you live near a stockist, it might be worth trying different models and not just the smaller Dealan.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Thoughts on gold rimmed sunglasses with steel/white gold jewelery (watch, necklace etc). Looking at Peyote's in gold. But also trying to be patient for some thick MF acetate aviators

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on gold rimmed sunglasses with steel/white gold jewelery (watch, necklace etc). Looking at Peyote's in gold. But also trying to be patient for some thick MF acetate aviators

I'm not the biggest jewelry guy but i wouldn't think too hard about mixing metals. I'm in the market for some vintage native silver pieces and I would wear them with sunglasses/ with gold hardware.

liahos1

Reaction score
Ok folks need your opinions here. I am buying my second pair of JMMs and ive decided on the Taos in either glass or Tempest.
75F1EA15-5816-4FCC-BF0E-73D5932C2753.jpeg
28209B2D-C982-47B9-BBB5-4C8DE84DB394.jpeg

i dont have any clear frame glasses.
I love the funkiness of the frames but am stuck on which ones to get.

which one would be more versatile?

for reference the other chunky frame glasses i have
- fellinis in royal
- oliver people x berlutti in black with silver hardware
- dita auder in tortoise with brown gradient lenses

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads