• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy these. I believe they are a Hopper Pepper. There’s scant information on them online. I am definitely drawn to the core wire. Do any of you fine, a far better informed, gentleman have any information on this frame, or do you own one and feel comfortable sharing a photo? Any impressions concerning the frame?

View attachment 1672436 View attachment 1672437
No! These are NOT my hands! ?
Love that colour frame and as the lad above says it’s the same wire core engraving as on my AS hickory Dealans. I’d be all over them but I think I remember trying on a hopper once and they were hyoooge on me!

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Love that colour frame and as the lad above says it’s the same wire core engraving as on my AS hickory Dealans. I’d be all over them but I think I remember trying on a hopper once and they were hyoooge on me!
I definitely need to return and try them on again, but it seems that as long as a frame is square/rectangular a 51 mm justttttttt works, though it falls at the very end of what I can manage.

This large frame movement is new to me, seemed very awkward on me just as far back as June, but maybe I have been adjusting to wearing larger frames, and they now seem more suitable to me. As I have said before, my absolute favorite frames on me are a 38 mm perfectly round frame, and I have long found frames like the 45 mm Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck suited my face best, but I have that oblong/rectangular shaped face that appears to allow me a broad range of frames.

51 mm causes me to pause, but the optician and another customer in the store did not find them to be too large on me. The other customer was a guy with a larger noggin than mine, and he tried them on. On him they were perfectly sized, but the wrong color.

My Gosh, listen to me, I have absolutely lost it!! I have always been comfortable in my small frames, always committed to my size range, and felt I had more than enough frames (BECAUSE I DO), and now I am considering my third JMM frame in four months.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely need to return and try them on again, but it seems that as long as a frame is square/rectangular a 51 mm justttttttt works, though it falls at the very end of what I can manage.

This large frame movement is new to me, seemed very awkward on me just as far back as June, but maybe I have been adjusting to wearing larger frames, and they now seem more suitable to me. As I have said before, my absolute favorite frames on me are a 38 mm perfectly round frame, and I have long found frames like the 45 mm Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck suited my face best, but I have that oblong/rectangular shaped face that appears to allow me a broad range of frames.

51 mm causes me to pause, but the optician and another customer in the store did not find them to be too large on me. The other customer was a guy with a larger noggin than mine, and he tried them on. On him they were perfectly sized, but the wrong color.

My Gosh, listen to me, I have absolutely lost it!! I have always been comfortable in my small frames, always committed to my size range, and felt I had more than enough frames (BECAUSE I DO), and now I am considering my third JMM frame in four months.
By Christmas time, you'll be saying something along the lines of "third JMM frame in four weeks", or perhaps an even more aggressive purchase timeframe than that ;)

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200.gif

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
By the way, while at the store, the optician modeled a frame by Chrome Hearts for me, explaining that it was likely to be her next frame. It was a very nice matte black frame, with Chrome Hearts‘ signature jewelry detail in silver at the temple, a slight cat eye. She asked me what I thought, and rather than reply, I walked quietly to the JMM case, pulled out a Sheridan frame in dark Havana that apparently just arrived, and handed it to her. She put it on, and the acetate alone sparkled and glowed on her, not to mention the beautiful core wire work. She was honestly surprised, laughingly told me this was the first time a customer sold her a frame, and emphatically told me she was buying that Sheridan.

Speaking of which, that really is a nice frame, my fellow narrow headed peeps. EC0090C3-92A9-4323-8668-D19E97D495BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Pureneat

Reaction score
Thing is the lens size doesn’t really tell you how wide the frames are….. even if you add in the bridge size which is all the frames mfgrs seem to give you and I guess they also givetemple length………what you really need to know is how wide from edge to edge and depth from brow edge to bottom of the frame edge…….. and even then, It’s just a guide …….what you really need to know …….is how they look when they are on?‍?

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Thing is the lens size doesn’t really tell you how wide the frames are….. even if you add in the bridge size which is all the frames mfgrs seem to give you and I guess they also givetemple length………what you really need to know is how wide from edge to edge and depth from brow edge to bottom of the frame edge…….. and even then, It’s just a guide …….what you really need to know …….is how they look when they are on?‍?
Agreed, absolutely.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of olive lenses in the wild? In some pics they look like a dark green olive and in others a more translucent yellow olive. I guess it depends on if the pic is on a face vs on a table with white background.

BigRed

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of olive lenses in the wild? In some pics they look like a dark green olive and in others a more translucent yellow olive. I guess it depends on if the pic is on a face vs on a table with white background.

Olive lenses from which frame?

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive lenses from which frame?

I was looking at the Taos dark havana w/ olive lenses but I've since found some pics of Torino in Hickory w/ the same lenses, I think, and I think the lenses are too yellow for me.

BigRed

Reaction score
I was looking at the Taos dark havana w/ olive lenses but I've since found some pics of Torino in Hickory w/ the same lenses, I think, and I think the lenses are too yellow for me.

Well they’re about to drop the Fellini in olive which looks similar to the seed but in the olive color way with matching lens

BigRed

Reaction score
The lens is absolutely more green than yellow in these

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads