• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

korektphool

Reaction score
Recently picked up the JMM Ichikawa in sand a few days ago. Need to get prescription lenses inserted.

How does it fit on me? I also attached below a picture of my regular, more circle, frames.

JMM Ichikawa.png
Regular.png

korektphool

Reaction score
I like the fit on you. The sharp angles are a departure from your round frames. How do you feel about the color?

Cheers - yes, I wanted to get something complementary to the existing frames.

I'm not 100% convinced by the colour, as it seems very similar to my skin tone. I did get to try some other JMMs in black or dark brown colours (I forget the model names but they are about as thick as these Ichikawas) and thought they were too harsh / pronounced, which is why I opted for the lighter sand colour.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of the two photos you posted, I like your circular frames better. But don't know if that may just be the color -- perhaps Havana in that model would work better.

I might try some of JMM's other frames before deciding. If you're looking for opticals, I think the Prudhon works well. They're not as statement-y as the Ichis, but they're still more distinctive than most frames on the market. I also think they'll be a halfway point between the nearly invisible visual weight of your round frames and the heavier look of the Ichis in Havana.

The Jax is also a good optical model. ColdinMN can be seen on the previous page wearing them.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy these. I believe they are a Hopper Pepper. There’s scant information on them online. I am definitely drawn to the core wire. Do any of you fine, a far better informed, gentleman have any information on this frame, or do you own one and feel comfortable sharing a photo? Any impressions concerning the frame?

5C4A394D-7945-47B1-83A4-B1DCBB4B4D50.jpeg
815E71F5-012C-40BB-8B1A-CA8BD38C5D30.jpeg

No! These are NOT my hands! ?

verver

Reaction score
Cheers - yes, I wanted to get something complementary to the existing frames.

I'm not 100% convinced by the colour, as it seems very similar to my skin tone. I did get to try some other JMMs in black or dark brown colours (I forget the model names but they are about as thick as these Ichikawas) and thought they were too harsh / pronounced, which is why I opted for the lighter sand colour.
Ur instinct regarding the color is correct. The fit looks good. Would go w darker color as others suggested.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy these. I believe they are a Hopper Pepper. There’s scant information on them online. I am definitely drawn to the core wire. Do any of you fine, a far better informed, gentleman have any information on this frame, or do you own one and feel comfortable sharing a photo? Any impressions concerning the frame?

View attachment 1672436 View attachment 1672437
I don’t but those are fantastic if they fit your face. The temple wiring is similar to what is used for the hickory Alessandro Squarzi edition of the Dealans.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score

I think this is the same frame: https://www.goodseeco.com/products/jacques-marie-mage-the-pepper-vintage-havana

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1672436 View attachment 1672437

Those look nice to me. I also like that they're a size 51. Assuming that size works for you, those seem promising.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads