• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Seberg, as you know, which came out at the same time, and is a great piece as well. Really understated but classy.
I tried on the Seberg and was surprised how much I liked them. Very underrated as you say and the bottle green lenses really popped bottle green like a bottle of Gordon’s gin not these other ‘green’ lenses you see which are almost grey.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the Seberg and was surprised how much I liked them. Very underrated as you say and the bottle green lenses really popped bottle green like a bottle of Gordon’s gin not these other ‘green’ lenses you see which are almost grey.
I have the Shade of Pale pair. The lens colour is like a blush pink and just feels like everything is in a sunset. ? That and the Scarpa are the titanium pairs I have and they are definitely my favourites.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got lasik. But if I wanted to feign an intelligent look, has anyone gotten transition lenses but with non-prescription blue light blocking lenses before or know if that’s an option through an optometrist, like Anthony aiden ?

Tinting definitely, so I can't see why transitions would be an issue. Blueblocking and transitions I'm not so sure about. I think that might be a no.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Input needed from JMM enthusiasts. I know the Last Frontiers are not universally loved for their extravagant temple hardware and cost. I concur that both are over the top.

That said, I tried on a pair of Arkansas Dark Havanas while checking out some other models and was surprised when the Mrs. declared them her favorites. While I know really only her opinion counts, looking for a gut-check from more neutral parties given the significance of the investment.

So tell me like it is: Do these work for me or not? Hit me with a THUMB if you think they're great or a SAD if you don't.

Constructive comments/feedback are welcomed, especially on the hardware. I don't want to risk being "trying too hard" guy if it's too much (as ironic as it is to say that in context of JMM).

Removed -- thanks to everyone who provided feedback!

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Input needed from JMM enthusiasts. I know the Last Frontiers are not universally loved for their extravagant temple hardware and cost. I concur that both are over the top.

That said, I tried on a pair of Arkansas Dark Havanas while checking out some other models and was surprised when the Mrs. declared them her favorites. While I know really only her opinion counts, looking for a gut-check from more neutral parties given the significance of the investment.

So tell me like it is: Do these work for me or not? Hit me with a THUMB if you think they're great or a SAD if you don't.

Constructive comments/feedback are welcomed, especially on the hardware. I don't want to risk being "trying too hard" guy if it's too much (as ironic as it is to say that in context of JMM).

I think they look perfect on you. Really great.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can afford them, go for it. They fit your face great. I personally love the temple details and don’t think any of it is over the top. But then again, my gf accuses me of being “gaudy,” which is ridiculous.

mrf

Reaction score

If that shirt represents your general fashion, I think you can easily pull it off!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look absolutely ****.
I’ll take them off your hands, I’m all heart
If you can afford them, go for it. They fit your face great. I personally love the temple details and don’t think any of it is over the top. But then again, my gf accuses me of being “gaudy,” which is ridiculous.

What he said^^?

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rodeo Noir

BDB555A2-076C-4471-95FC-3D002EBA0102.jpeg

heebalabala

Reaction score

Removed -- thanks to everyone who provided feedback!
Appreciate everyone who provided their feedback and comments, thank you!

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone after the Kobo. Seen in the UK will have 1 of the Fade, Root Beer, Noir and Dark Havana coming in in around 2 weeks. Retail will be £560.

Message Michaela there if you are interested. ?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Illinois and the tax is crazy but some sites don't charge me taxes on frames.
Spoke too soon. Tried to order a pair off the JMM site and they’re now charging the full 10.25%+ Chicago sales tax (and not even just the lower IL tax which a number of online places do. Prob started using a service to do the calc and collection. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads