• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kobo's are starting to drop. Can anyone make sense of the drop down options?

Edit. I think it's if you want custom work, as it looks like the frame comes with standard lenses.

That shop seems to do interesting custom work. They attach nose pads for an "Asian fit." Don't think I've seen that before.

DSC00991.jpeg
DSC00993.jpeg

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Kobo's are starting to drop. Can anyone make sense of the drop down options?

Edit. I think it's if you want custom work, as it looks like the frame comes with standard lenses.
If only the cost wasn't so much to ship to the US.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah they do look interesting. Not sure I need but was a bit unsure as to whether the noir Kobo was an optic?

Also, anyone know when the vintage tort devaux is arriving?

From the photos posted so far, they look like strictly sunglasses. They're kinda big.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shop seems to do interesting custom work. They attach nose pads for an "Asian fit." Don't think I've seen that before.

View attachment 1647298 View attachment 1647297
I've looked into this before and there aren't many western companies that will do this service that I could find. The ones that do use the silicone ones (at least the last time I looked). I think it generally involves taking some material off of the frame where the acetate nose pads were and then drilling the frames for the nosepad posts.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've looked into this before and there aren't many western companies that will do this service that I could find. The ones that do use the silicone ones (at least the last time I looked). I think it generally involves taking some material off of the frame where the acetate nose pads were and then drilling the frames for the nosepad posts.

Looks like this company does it in Tulsa, OK.

This company seems to be a mail-in service just for making "Asian-fit nose pads."

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like this company does it in Tulsa, OK.

This company seems to be a mail-in service just for making "Asian-fit nose pads."

Thanks for the links. I do remember being on their site before in 2019 when I was searching (I remember those before/after pics), but it seems like they may have upgraded their services since then.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a rundown of the colours for the Kobo. Noir, Root Beer, Fade. Anything else?

Keen to know people have their eye on. @UrbanComposition - did you have the root beer for your shoot?

Basically do I go fade or root beer?

Fade looks easier to wear but root bear is more interesting.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Ichikawas coming this month? I haven't seen much about those. I want some ichikawa sunnies.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
I see all the Japanese retailers are finally putting up the Kobo and Ichikawa's.

Hopefully not much longer for us in the US.

I am noticing that this collection is a bit more limited than usual as.

Pureneat

Reaction score
I see all the Japanese retailers are finally putting up the Kobo and Ichikawa's.

Hopefully not much longer for us in the US.

I am noticing that this collection is a bit more limited than usual as.
Yeah some nice pics of the Ichikawa‘s(RX) on Gleam Opticals insta feed.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've rung around basically every UK dealer and people are getting them but don't know the stock or price! ? I even emailed the UK JMM rep.

Anyone pre-ordered from 1269? Eric says they are nearer the $700 plus bracket and Lorenzo says $600-650.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads