• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

goof1972

Reaction score
Tried them on last year. Really really liked them but couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger.

View attachment 1644319
Thanks for posting! You look good! I'm surprised by how big the frame is.

Anybody know if they're going to produce this frame again? Or was this a one-time only model?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argyle Kaine with switched-out G-15 polarized lenses.

JMM Kaine Argyle_Car Selfie.jpg

This color shimmers and flows in the light, it's unlike any other tortoise/havana color I've handled. Kinda reminds me of the Shadow vessels from the 90s sci-fi show "Babylon 5". But in a warm and positive, non-galaxy-destroying, way...

JMM Kaine Argyle_Color Detail.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wire engraving is so boss on those. I really don’t know why they don’t expose it.

YoungM

Reaction score
The wire engraving is so boss on those. I really don’t know why they don’t expose it.

I got my argyle Fellini's last week, and I don't mind the lack of exposed wiring. I already have a pair with that detail, and the color/frame combo is already very striking. Interestingly, you can definitely see the wire engraving through the acetate up close which is very menswear hidden details.

Color is as incredible and insane as advertised.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! You look good! I'm surprised by how big the frame is.

Anybody know if they're going to produce this frame again? Or was this a one-time only model?
It’s a mid sized model. I can’t do the big frames or even many of the mid sized ones for optical, but the Pelagius can work for me.

Anthony Aidan in NY has stocked the frame. Not sure what he has now.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
It’s a mid sized model. I can’t do the big frames or even many of the mid sized ones for optical, but the Pelagius can work for me.

Anthony Aidan in NY has stocked the frame. Not sure what he has now.
I think we likely wear a similar size. Which JMM frames have you found work best on you? I also tried on the Pelagius, and the fit was similar on my noggin.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we likely wear a similar size. Which JMM frames have you found work best on you? I also tried on the Pelagius, and the fit was similar on my noggin.
Pelagius was borderline for me, but manageable. I have a small pupillary distance (PD) so that makes JMM even more challenging with respect to opticals. If you don't have a small PD, you may have more options.

For opticals:
  • Tristan (probably the best fit and top choice)
  • Akira (maybe a 2019 or 2020 model so could be hard to find)
  • Pelagius
  • Zephyrin (does not work for me bc of the keyhole bridge, but worth trying)
  • Marengo (a little wide, but OK)
  • Angeli
  • Sheridan (can also try Arp, which is also a P3 frame)
  • Jax (but again the keyhole bridge is problematic for me)
Regarding sunglasses, I try to stay 50 or 51 or less. Fellini is as big as I think I can go. Walker is too big. It also depends on your prescription to some degree. This is where a good optician can help with the selection.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Edward Beiner seems to have some exclusive colorways (so they claim. I Googled around and they do seem to be exclusive). They are the Jax and Mollino in a dark blue color called Marine 2.

The store also has some nice photography that seems like it was done in-house, which might give some people a better idea of how some models look.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look exactly like my shadows, not seeing a difference.
Couple thoughts:
If shadow, and those are opticals, they are not eclipse because the lens is completely different. I think eclipse describes more the lenses than the frames really. So that’s the main difference.
Secondly, I think your gold in shadow is light gold vs dark gold in eclipse, but they prob look the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads