• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JACQUES1993

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am an owner of various jacques marie mage glasses and like you I have enormous pleasure in this brand. I contact you because a few days ago I bought a Dealan Vanta and I noticed that the Vanta is wider than the other Dealans, in my case compared to a Dealan Havana, I honestly don't understand this difference, also because the difference in sizes is not mentioned online. If you know how to give me some clarification I would be grateful. Thank you
Attached I leave you the photo where you can see the difference between the two Dealan, even if minimal, the difference is perceived on the face.
tempImage5ozIlG.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am an owner of various jacques marie mage glasses and like you I have enormous pleasure in this brand. I contact you because a few days ago I bought a Dealan Vanta and I noticed that the Vanta is wider than the other Dealans, in my case compared to a Dealan Havana, I honestly don't understand this difference, also because the difference in sizes is not mentioned online. If you know how to give me some clarification I would be grateful. Thank you
Attached I leave you the photo where you can see the difference between the two Dealan, even if minimal, the difference is perceived on the face. View attachment 1643382

I would need a tennis ball to be sure, but I do see a difference in the above. As for why, who knows – designers change details of staple styles over time. I don't think optical shops are fully versed in the difference between styles and colors in the first place, so it's not surprising that changes like this may not have been communicated.

I have an older pair of Dealan Lavas and am receiving the Vanta next week. I can compare then.

JACQUES1993

Reaction score
I would need a tennis ball to be sure, but I do see a difference in the above. As for why, who knows – designers change details of staple styles over time. I don't think optical shops are fully versed in the difference between styles and colors in the first place, so it's not surprising that changes like this may not have been communicated.

I have an older pair of Dealan Lavas and am receiving the Vanta next week. I can compare then.

I think you are right, they probably have made some small changes.
However, if you let me know if yours are bigger than the other dealan, you would do me a great pleasure.
In the meantime, thank you.

P.S. The Dealan Vanta is a beautiful eyewear you will fall in love with this model.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you are right, they probably have made some small changes.
However, if you let me know if yours are bigger than the other dealan, you would do me a great pleasure.
In the meantime, thank you.

P.S. The Dealan Vanta is a beautiful eyewear you will fall in love with this model.
Can I see more pictures of the vanta? Looking at the same frame myself!

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great looking sunglasses when they are on the table, not so much on the face. Designs are bold an beautiful but crossing into Elton John territory.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great looking sunglasses when they are on the table, not so much on the face. Designs are bold an beautiful but crossing into Elton John territory.

Most of Celine looks made me think of : This woman's job is to take XXL plastic trash bags to the dumpster at a meet processing factory.

You will learn to love 'Derelicte'.

Mugatu

Women who attracted to slobs and sloppily dressed is not new. If you want to swim in that pool you sure to catch something...due to XXXL size of the group.
Chrome 22'' inch wheels and lights under your car might also attract some large contingency if you are into that type. So if your destiny is a numbers game def. go for it.

Is this going to be your "thing" on the forum now? Just peeking out of the safety of the watch thread and raiding SWD threads to talk about how men don't wear Florsheims anymore?

Pureneat

Reaction score
Attached I leave you the photo where you can see the difference between the two Dealan, even if minimal, the difference is perceived on the face. View attachment 1643382
Are these thr Dealan 53? What size is engraved on the temple?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This IS your life?

I am sorry.

Yes, I enjoy talking about clothes on the SWD side of the forum. The CM side has been totally ruined in the last five years by shoe and watch fetishists, fedora hat tippers, normies, and Internet Gentlemen. The SWD side, on the other hand, has continued to be a great community full of positive, stylish people who are knowledgeable and enjoy clothes. I'm frustrated at what used to be an amazing CM forum full of very knowledgeable people who have all left and that side of the forum is literally unbearable.

If you come to SWD to learn and participate, then I'm sure many will welcome you. If you come to snipe, then please keep that to CM.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those people you are talking about have left 10 years ago. May be we all should move on?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those people you are talking about have left 10 years ago. May be we all should move on?

As I said, I still like participating on SWD. I don't like CM very much nowadays and have mostly stopped contributing.

If you don't find SWD interesting, stop raiding threads to make snippy comments. Stick to talking about watches and walnut-colored spectators from the 1920s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads