• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellini in Rover (lenses switched to polarized G15).

JMM Fellini Rover_Soulive Kimono Chrysanthemums.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're really good….I’ve been looking for a replacement lens for my Rover Walkers and these might be it.

Thanks, I'd go for it. Most of my lens replacements are polarized G15s. The color is dark enough to keep your eyes comfortable in bright light, it is polarized (if you like that), and complements a lot of frame colors.

JMM Fellini Rover_Polarized G15.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I am a first time caller, and only a recent listener. I have read through quite a number of posts, and will state this at the start: I believe I may be the eldest of all the contributing posters on here, and I recoil at cameras; nevertheless, I just received my first pair of JMM eyewear, and I am going to overcome my reticence and post two photos of me wearing these frames right here on this blog thingy. Frankly, I am surprised I am doing this.

I have long been a lover of eyewear, and have a decent sized collection of frames. I am also a full time eyeglass wearer. I tend to lean towards eyeglasses with a 40’s vintage look, and in fact have a few beautiful frameless pieces from the 1920’s. My favorite frames that I wear as of late are made of a rather thick (though not JMM 10mm thick) acetate that have a lens measurement of just 38mm (not my smallest).

In other words, the thicker, mid-century through 70’s JMM vibe s a departure, but the materials, as you all know, are so nice that they are, as you all have noted, hard to resist.

My first JMM frame, I have not seen mentioned here, and it is the Irwin, which has a 49” lens measurement, I think—don’t hold me to it. My noggin sadly cannot handle the larger frames, (oh, how I wish I could wear the Enzo). While, I believe I look better in a slightly darker frame, my Irwins are in the Antique Tortoise, which I love, and which I will make work through pairing it with the right attire. The contain a transition lens.

Next up? A pair of Jax in maybe the Havana Tortoise.

Ok, here goes, the old guy in glasses, where else would you ever see that?! (I hate selfies, and like an idiot, I captured the television set to news in the background. I am sorry. Hey, at least it isn’t a car selfie! ? See, I have read through your postings).
They look great...
You have an Adam West vibe going on there.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well that’s my dilemma I already have Torino in Shadow and Taos in Noir 5
Tough one. I prefer the Eclipse on you much more.

But full disclosure, I am generally not a fan of tortoise and will almost always choose something else.

If I were in this position, I would pass on both and wait for a different color. The model is not going anywhere. Ymmv, of course.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Adam West! KA-POW!! Very cool, thank you, and I am grateful you didn’t say Julie Newmar (who was perhaps the greatest Cat Woman of all time)
If you get the Dealans, we will call you Cat Woman.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
If you get the Dealans, we will call you Cat Woman

?. Which frames need I purchase to be called “Dog Guy?” None? Man, I am a tough crowd! ?. The Cat Eye worked for Buddy Holly and Dillan, but that takes a level of cool elusive to mere mortals.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eclipse! But I’m biased because I have them. Those have a good oversized look on you. I must have a fat head because other than being thicc, they look normal size on me, I think. ?
Glad I have them too.

Anyone got the Fellini in Surplus, or the Dealan in Vanta?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics