• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So JMM has Eclipse and Shadow which look identical, I bought the shadow cuz my molino are shadow but both myself and the associated at the optometrist couldn't tell the diff. Honestly doesn't matter IMO since they look same.

FYI, shadow is another black frame with silver accents. Eclipse is gold. Plus the lenses are different color. Eclipse sienna lenses really seem to have the effect of making things seem like the sun is sort of setting. Great in bright light, but I don’t like using them as much toward the end of the day because things look much darker.

superstarlord

Reaction score
After seeing them selling out pretty quickly, got a bad case of fomo and had to pick up the Jeffs. I thought they'd be smaller, etc but I like them. Took a couple of quick shots with the Enzo vs the Jeff
IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing them selling out pretty quickly, got a bad case of fomo and had to pick up the Jeffs. I thought they'd be smaller, etc but I like them. Took a couple of quick shots with the Enzo vs the Jeff
View attachment 1641356
View attachment 1641358
View attachment 1641359
View attachment 1641360

These both look great on you. The Jeffs are wider than I imagined.

I actually like the Jeffs, I think it's going to be one of the easier wearing and lower-"barriers to entry"/gateway JMM models, like the Jax and Molino and Fellini. (Although I'm not gonna purchase unless JMM releases a Reserve version!)

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Well, I am a first time caller, and only a recent listener. I have read through quite a number of posts, and will state this at the start: I believe I may be the eldest of all the contributing posters on here, and I recoil at cameras; nevertheless, I just received my first pair of JMM eyewear, and I am going to overcome my reticence and post two photos of me wearing these frames right here on this blog thingy. Frankly, I am surprised I am doing this.

I have long been a lover of eyewear, and have a decent sized collection of frames. I am also a full time eyeglass wearer. I tend to lean towards eyeglasses with a 40’s vintage look, and in fact have a few beautiful frameless pieces from the 1920’s. My favorite frames that I wear as of late are made of a rather thick (though not JMM 10mm thick) acetate that have a lens measurement of just 38mm (not my smallest).

In other words, the thicker, mid-century through 70’s JMM vibe s a departure, but the materials, as you all know, are so nice that they are, as you all have noted, hard to resist.

My first JMM frame, I have not seen mentioned here, and it is the Irwin, which has a 49” lens measurement, I think—don’t hold me to it. My noggin sadly cannot handle the larger frames, (oh, how I wish I could wear the Enzo). While, I believe I look better in a slightly darker frame, my Irwins are in the Antique Tortoise, which I love, and which I will make work through pairing it with the right attire. The contain a transition lens.

Next up? A pair of Jax in maybe the Havana Tortoise.

Ok, here goes, the old guy in glasses, where else would you ever see that?! (I hate selfies, and like an idiot, I captured the television set to news in the background. I am sorry. Hey, at least it isn’t a car selfie! ? See, I have read through your postings).

Attachments

• 176686BF-F8A4-404B-8FC0-AA05E38B0DDD.jpeg
    176686BF-F8A4-404B-8FC0-AA05E38B0DDD.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 138
  • AF787C97-7985-4093-8CAF-E553870EBDEE.jpeg
    AF787C97-7985-4093-8CAF-E553870EBDEE.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 140

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Those look great on you. They have a cool 1960s/ 70s Robert Redford vibe.

I handled the vintage tort once and think it's among JMM's best colorways. There's something about how the light passes through the thick acetate that I think really shows off colors.
Thank you, you’re very kind. My ineptitude with selfies doesn’t capture it well, but I too often draw that comparison, so now I have a pair of glasses that give off that vibe to drive it all home. ?

The colorway, to me, was too handsome to walk away from. I have a cold weather coat that will look so great with the Vintage Tortoise. Alas, it is blistering now, but one day I will get the two paired.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Looks great. Continue to share. This is a safe space. Sort of. ?
?Thank you. You all certainly are a relatable bunch to me. Until I stumbled upon this blog, I never knew anyone else quite so knowledgeable or downright obsessive about eyewear as I; and among this stylish community, I may just be a novice!

I look forward to reading more banter, as well as contributing to it, but I need to up my selfie game—maybe Annie Leibovitz could find the time.?

Pureneat

Reaction score
Well, I am a first time caller, and only a recent listener. I have read through quite a number of posts, and will state this at the start: I believe I may be the eldest of all the contributing posters on here, and I recoil at cameras; nevertheless, I just received my first pair of JMM eyewear, and I am going to overcome my reticence and post two photos of me wearing these frames right here on this blog thingy. Frankly, I am surprised I am doing this.

I have long been a lover of eyewear, and have a decent sized collection of frames. I am also a full time eyeglass wearer. I tend to lean towards eyeglasses with a 40’s vintage look, and in fact have a few beautiful frameless pieces from the 1920’s. My favorite frames that I wear as of late are made of a rather thick (though not JMM 10mm thick) acetate that have a lens measurement of just 38mm (not my smallest).

In other words, the thicker, mid-century through 70’s JMM vibe s a departure, but the materials, as you all know, are so nice that they are, as you all have noted, hard to resist.

My first JMM frame, I have not seen mentioned here, and it is the Irwin, which has a 49” lens measurement, I think—don’t hold me to it. My noggin sadly cannot handle the larger frames, (oh, how I wish I could wear the Enzo). While, I believe I look better in a slightly darker frame, my Irwins are in the Antique Tortoise, which I love, and which I will make work through pairing it with the right attire. The contain a transition lens.

Next up? A pair of Jax in maybe the Havana Tortoise.

Ok, here goes, the old guy in glasses, where else would you ever see that?! (I hate selfies, and like an idiot, I captured the television set to news in the background. I am sorry. Hey, at least it isn’t a car selfie! ? See, I have read through your postings).
You are not alone…..age and photo allergic here too…….
got some Jeff RX coming, fingers crossed they work, but still v.happy with my Molino.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
You are not alone…..age and photo allergic here too…….
got some Jeff RX coming, fingers crossed they work, but still v.happy with my Molino.
Thanks for those good words. I would really like to try a Molino on, but there hasn’t been one in the area to check out. I tried on a Torino and it was laughably oversized on me—truly, that picture would have been my gift of comedy for those on this blog.

My guess is you’ll look terrific in them. I look forward to reading your posting about them.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads