• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

brianoh

Reaction score
Also, one other Q: My Jaxs are heavy to the point I can't seem to wear the frames for longer than an hour at a time. Does anyone else have this problem? Would you recommend I adjust the frames somewhere to fit my face better?

Thanks!

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to the optometrist next week and they sell JMM. Confirmed they had some in stock, but they wouldn't tell me which models. Hoping I come home with something good.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the launch of a not too chunky acetate mens spectacle in maraschino colour with blue lenses. Lakes and Dorothys are too feminine for my taste.
Screenshot_20210623-202842_Chrome.jpg

Udo

Reaction score
Also, one other Q: My Jaxs are heavy to the point I can't seem to wear the frames for longer than an hour at a time. Does anyone else have this problem? Would you recommend I adjust the frames somewhere to fit my face better?

Thanks!

No matter how thick the acetate, you should not have these kind of issues. It might take a couple of adjustments to perfectly adjust the frames, but after that you should be fine.

I can wear my Molinos all day long without any problems. When I got them I initially felt like somebody put my skull into a vice. It took three trips to the optician to find the perfect adjustment, and now I am super happy with them.

Davsug

Reaction score
I would love to see the launch of a not too chunky acetate mens spectacle in maraschino colour with blue lenses. Lakes and Dorothys are too feminine for my taste.
View attachment 1629560

check out Anne & Valentin. Lots of great acetate colors and bold, but not nearly as bold as JMM. I have a couple that I love (but not nearly as much as my JMM)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Davsun, but nothing similar to what I am looking for. Moscot Lemtosh in ruby is really nice but would like something thicker and with blue lenses.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Davsun, but nothing similar to what I am looking for. Moscot Lemtosh in ruby is really nice but would like something thicker and with blue lenses.
I was gonna suggest Moscot. Great glasses.
They also advertise custom dipped lenses so you could get blue lenses and ruby frames if you change your mind about their acetate thickness.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Thin White Duke ...I just saw that with an italian retailer. Moscot Ruby Lemtosh with city light lenses. For what you pay, it would be nice from JMM to have that great option.

JDelage

Reaction score
The JMM X Yellowstone Zephirin Storm (Mr Porter exclusive) are pretty darn nice...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Folks got a few questions, I am most likely picking up Enzo's in the next week.

1. Does anyone know the difference between shadow 2 and eclipse? They both seem identical in the pics (see below).
2. Do folks view these models better as sunnies or prescription lenses (clear, not doing chameleons) ?
* If sunnies I will most likely switch out my molino to be clear lenses.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the Eclipse Enzo. Don’t have experience with Shadow 2 but what I can tell is the Shadow 2 sunnies have a blue lense. I don’t think there’s really a difference in the black acetate color, but I could be wrong. One thing that jumps out is that the Shadow gold temple wiring appears more exposed through the length, which suggests slight difference in the acetate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads