• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

thfc91

Reaction score
Like the look of those ^ but I’m an avowed Dealans fan anyway. (Not sure about the tash!)

Anyway ... that feeling when you’ve made an order and get word that they’re in transit but still a couple of days away. Like a kid in December. Can anyone relate? I keep looking at the website pics and hoping they’ll look as good in reality as they do on the pics!

I keep refreshing the Fedex page and it still says it's coming Thursday. That does not stop me from refreshing.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who said JMMs go mostly with street wear for that seventies coke dealer image?

Attachments

• A6272FE7-EA3C-4931-B30C-65B07578C174.jpeg
    A6272FE7-EA3C-4931-B30C-65B07578C174.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 84

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you take away the tie and pocket square, it's kinda 80s coke dealer.

Which is to say, awesome.
HaHa love it!
Actually I often catch a rerun of Miami Vice which are shown daily at 11pm - I’ e been saying for a while that I don’t like how it’s become trendy to knock the eighties fashions. Some of it has not dated well of course but there are a lot of well turned out fellas on that show - set in a time when wearing suit or jacket and tie was the norm for both business lives and social lives.

And to continue the tangent further, if anyone’s interested in that period of Drug Wars in 1980s Florida there was an excellent documentary doing the rounds on cable a couple of years ago named ‘Cocaine Cowboys’ that gets deep into the story with interviews with the dealers and the cops who were chasing them. I got the book by one of the protagonists John Robert’s - American Desperado which is a good read of you like that scene.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
HaHa love it!
Actually I often catch a rerun of Miami Vice which are shown daily at 11pm - I’ e been saying for a while that I don’t like how it’s become trendy to knock the eighties fashions. Some of it has not dated well of course but there are a lot of well turned out fellas on that show - set in a time when wearing suit or jacket and tie was the norm for both business lives and social lives.

And to continue the tangent further, if anyone’s interested in that period of Drug Wars in 1980s Florida there was an excellent documentary doing the rounds on cable a couple of years ago named ‘Cocaine Cowboys’ that gets deep into the story with interviews with the dealers and the cops who were chasing them. I got the book by one of the protagonists John Robert’s - American Desperado which is a good read of you like that scene.

Cocaine Cowboys is one of my favorite docs along with the old Vice ones like The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia/Africa’s Cowboy Capitalists etc.

Cocaine Cowboys 2 was **** though haha

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cocaine Cowboys is one of my favorite docs along with the old Vice ones like The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia/Africa’s Cowboy Capitalists etc.

Cocaine Cowboys 2 was **** though haha
It really is excellent (the first one) with the exception of the last chunk which focuses on Rivi the Colombian hit man just babbling on about all the people he whacked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads