• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Adroit

Reaction score
I picked up a Jax in Hickory and swapped the light green lenses for JMM blue lenses. Real happy with the result.

JMM Jax Hickory 012.jpg

JMM Jax Hickory 011.jpg
JMM Jax Hickory 010.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the dark Havana Sturges available? I’ve been looking for a while, found it at one shop in NY but they wouldn’t ship outside of the US. I should have had them sent to my in laws or something but they’re sold now. If anybody spots a pair please let me know.

NYClaw

Reaction score
I picked up a Jax in Hickory and swapped the light green lenses for JMM blue lenses. Real happy with the result.

View attachment 1610779

View attachment 1610780 View attachment 1610781
Truly beautiful!
Was it Anthony Aiden who was able to swap JMM lenses for JMM lenses? A few of my regular opticians offer to swap out my JMM lenses but I can't seem to find a local store (NYC) from whom I can buy JMM lenses to put in my JMM frames.

Does JMM make "transition"/"photochromic" lenses? Or is that chemical treatment done at Anthony Aiden?

Thanks for any info you guys feel comfortable sharing!
Very generous of you!!!

Goofy

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the dark Havana Sturges available? I’ve been looking for a while, found it at one shop in NY but they wouldn’t ship outside of the US. I should have had them sent to my in laws or something but they’re sold now. If anybody spots a pair please let me know.
There is one available in Europe but prices are steep. But given you live abroad VAT doesn’t apply in your case.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elton John's sunglass closet will make the folks here with dozens of JMM pairs feel less alone
View attachment 1610831
Wow - impressive. I saw an interview with EJ once backstage before a gig and there were trays and trays of glasses laid out for him to presumably pick whatever pair suited his mood at that moment, so along with this vast collection I’m assuming he either has a huge travelling selection too or else some way to box up those he wants to take on tour with him from this lot!

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@WBaker love the Taos on you but really love that Craig Green!
Thanks I had the original and I'm stoked they did a re-issue so I could have a second chance with this piece.

I heard insider info that retailers asked Craig Green if he'd re issue the tapestry deconstructed work jackets or the samurai coats/parachute jackets, but apparently if he wanted to make a profit on them he'd have to nearly double the price. The 2015 to 2017 collections all operated at a loss. Now the stuff he makes is a bit simpler, hardware is lower quality, but he's making a profit without changing his pricing scheme. He also sells a ton of hoodies and t-shirts which weren't a part of any of his earlier collections.

The new paradise jacket is a little simpler, no elastic wrist cuffs or large strap zipper pull. That said the material is a bit softer and it's much more comfortable than the original. I'm looking forward to wearing it a bunch and having it nice and beat up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads