• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Newb to actually joining, I've been a huge SF fan for years. This JMM forum sealed it for me. You guys are great!
Like nearly all of you, I was a Peoples fan since 6th grade, then moved "up" to DITA/Thom Browne. About two years ago I fell in love with JMM, and about six months ago I bought my first pair, the Fellini Noir. Love 'em.
Yesterday I snagged the Enzo Noir 5, and I can't wait for them to come!
My question is, I live in New York, and I'd like to swap out the lenses in one of them for something Photochromic.
Is there an "official" JMM shop or optician that you'd all recommend to ensure that I'm buying "official" JMM glass/poly? I think JMM's factory/stock AR coating inside is unparalleled and I'd prefer to keep the JMM etching on the left lens.
Thank you all, in advance! What a great community!!!
There are several authorized dealers in NYC. A bunch of us have gotten JMM frames at Anthony Aiden in the East Village. I would go there. He knows what he is doing.

NYClaw

Reaction score
I could have sworn infamous son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz was wearing acetate JMM optical glasses while being interviewed in a Netflix documentary series I just saw.
HA! I just watched it and had the same thought!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever I drop off or pick up my JMMs for lens switches, I just gotta try on some more...

The Bandit.

JMM Try-On Bandit.jpg

The Jax. Definitely an "easier wearing" style like the Molino - it will complement many face shapes without shouting too much attention.

JMM Try-On Jax.jpg

The Yves in Reserve.

JMM Try-On Yves Reserve.jpg

I'm feeling these Reserve Montanas more than the Vintage Tortoise.

JMM Try-On Montana Reserve 1.jpg

Really feeling these...

JMM Try-On Montana Reserve 2.jpg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Whenever I drop off or pick up my JMMs for lens switches, I just gotta try on some more...

The Bandit.

View attachment 1608915

The Jax. Definitely an "easier wearing" style like the Molino - it will complement many face shapes without shouting too much attention.

View attachment 1608919

The Yves in Reserve.

View attachment 1608920

I'm feeling these Reserve Montanas more than the Vintage Tortoise.

View attachment 1608921

Really feeling these...

View attachment 1608923

Montanas suit you for sure.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My recent purchase....

Harcourt optical with "vintage green" lenses

Nice. Post some fit pictures, if you're inclined.

I purchased the Harcourt silver/blue lens sunglasses a few weeks ago, but sent them back after a few days - just didn't connect with them like I have with my other JMMs.

javvadshah

Reaction score
Finally found a pair of the rover zephirin optical in 44 I have been hunting for forever so of course I ordered and they sent me the army colorway. SMH

Attachments

• EA1E2046-9F30-492B-B368-E6989BDB8067.jpeg
    EA1E2046-9F30-492B-B368-E6989BDB8067.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 77

DishenH

Reaction score
Nice. Post some fit pictures, if you're inclined.

I purchased the Harcourt silver/blue lens sunglasses a few weeks ago, but sent them back after a few days - just didn't connect with them like I have with my other JMMs.
Thank you!

I will post pics soon.

Another JMM frame made into optical- Sturges Shadow 2 - Lenses in custom blue.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2021-03-17-17-32-43.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-03-17-17-32-43.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 77

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads