• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I like the presentation JMM provides,I know these boxes are just in my drawer but I like the pocket square.

Is that what that is!? I thought it was for cleaning the lenses ???

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is that what that is!? I thought it was for cleaning the lenses ???

It's for cleaning lenses.

The Armoury sells a white pocket square that you can use for cleaning lenses. It's basically a microfiber cloth. Don't know if I'd use JMM's cloth as a pocket square, as the semi-solid red color would look tacky.

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Tried on the KOBO & Ichikawa and they are meh. Really great if you have a large strong face, but pretty obnoxious if you have a small narrow face like my own. Also they are both super tall I would guess maybe 48mm or larger from top to bottom. The rep let me know that the next collection will be primarily based off of famous Japanese people and their glasses style, which is cool, I hope they have an Araki style frame. I do like the new platinum color which is basically the same as the smoke, but with a slightly different stylized arm. Unfortunately, the rep was only showing three new frames, their backstock and the last fontier pt.2 which is cool, but not really my style and way out of my price range. Maybe Ill post some fit picks later.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is but I don’t like it for cleaning glasses, try it out that cloth doesn’t do a great job imo hence pocket square.

I felt the same, used it to clean some lenses and it kinda made them cloudy.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is but I don’t like it for cleaning glasses, try it out that cloth doesn’t do a great job imo hence pocket square.
Good to know, I haven’t used it yet so I’ll just skip it and leave it in box.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry all, it was very hard in the moment to try and honor all the requests while I was at the Blink show. It was a ton of fun, though, and Scott from JMM is super friendly and accommodating.

Highlights for me: The Ichikawa is killer (I know chimps just said he didn't like it, but different strokes). I own the Clyfford already (which I've mentioned is very close), so it's a hard buy for me, but it's so so good. I really like the royal colorway as well (saw it in the Walker, I think). Looks almost black, but in direct light it's definitely a midnight blue. I thought the Rawlins Last Frontier was easily the best and most wearable LF model.

Some other frandom info: I was told there aren't any current plans to bring back any vintage tort as far as they know. The Kobo is fun in an I-wouldn't-wear-it sort of way, personally. I think it would look great on the right face, though. Bastogne I didn't like much in person.

Just gonna dump the pics from my phone here and a couple quick clips. I wasn't sure if it would be cool for me to bring my real camera, but next time I will for sure. @D. Black actually had some better captures on his IG stories if you wanna check those out as well.

Last Frontier Lineup

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

LF Rawlins

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

I think Kaine in argyle? Didn't work for me, but the color is bonkers.

IMG_0888.jpg

Ichikawa up top
IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

Kobo on the bottom

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Walker Royal - 1, 2

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
****, everything is so good and I don't want to spend more money.

Argyle color is amazing.

New Japanese inspired frames are really good. =(

@d4nimal you should buy those Kobos

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads