• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Rawlins with light purple lens ( same color as the LF Santa Fe in Shade )
D31F85F9-8591-4CB4-8076-D6E9490FE392.jpeg
8D8B9D1C-37DA-441F-964F-0E44A7826E9F.jpeg

ianmSC

Reaction score
Hey all, first time posting in this thread. I’ve had some Blake Kuwahara’s, Mykita, even sprung for an EB Meyrowitz on sale from Mr. Porter. JMM really is the best “value” out there, between the beautiful packaging, quality and unique designs and colors. Really glad I made the switch and got the Jax sunglasses. Will post a picture soon.

I saw the case discussion earlier and wanted to mention the Metier London case. It’s thick enough, despite being a sleeve style, to fit the Jax model glasses, has a really cool design, very high quality coated canvas and leather materials and a bit of padding. Not to mention a very satisfying “click” to the closure. It’s ridiculously expensive for a sunglasses case (I was given it as a gift), but a really cool product.

Udo

Reaction score
Jules for me, and trying to decide whether I turn these into sunnies, or keep them as an RX... Are they too small for an RX?

View attachment 1597626

I had a similar choice to make last year, between the Artaud and the Molino. In the end I decided on the Molino with photochromic lenses and I am very happy with that setup.

It was mostly personal preference, I just wanted to have something rather bold and oversized instead of the more understated Artaud.

bbhewee

Reaction score
I also have these Dealans that I'm looking to reglaze. One should be a sun and the other a RX, and I'm starting to think I might flip them around...

1619091346469.png

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have these Dealans that I'm looking to reglaze. One should be a sun and the other a RX, and I'm starting to think I might flip them around...

View attachment 1597639
I have the Dealans as RX with transitions, just be aware the shape is a bit bold as specs. If it fits your personality, go for it.
2E73E2BD-5A6F-43C5-A92E-3D910B0F9DC2.jpeg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Me about 15 years ago (tache, hair and all). I can rock those. For some reason I feel the Jules might be a little on the small side, but that also might be because I've been wearing 50-55 width lens mostly lately.

1619093064387.png

Cuttooth

Reaction score
These things are really bad for me as I'm already looking at other pairs on JMM's site. ?

Any recommendations for other frames if I love the Zephirin frame? The Shironeri Enzo have caught my eye but I'm not sure if they'd match my paler skin tone. The Jax Rover seem cool too. I could always wear a pair as regular glasses, but I've worn contacts just about every day for close to 20 years now and transitions always seemed weird to me for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads