• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Adroit

Reaction score
And I like many of you was a DITA (Thom Browne) wearer before finding out about JMM.

They are not mutually exclusive. I enjoy JMM as much as the next person -- just purchased my ninth pair. That said, I still own and wear many other brands, including Thom Browne (I wore TB a couple of days ago). My favorite brand is variety.

Udo

Reaction score
New style: Kobo

kobo.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRed

Reaction score
I got to see the Fellini in seed color today and thought it was a pretty cool color...what are people’s thoughts on seed?

Udo

Reaction score
I got to see the Fellini in seed color today and thought it was a pretty cool color...what are people’s thoughts on seed?

It's a beautiful color, but these see through styles depend a lot on your skin complexion. On her it looks amazing, hard to say how it would work for you:

Fellini_Seed_Style-004.jpg

chimpskibot

Reaction score
They are not mutually exclusive. I enjoy JMM as much as the next person -- just purchased my ninth pair. That said, I still own and wear many other brands, including Thom Browne (I wore TB a couple of days ago). My favorite brand is variety.
I completely agree! However, the quality of JMM is insane compared to my TB and I am on my 5th year of wearing TB exclusively. I really need to get my feet wet in JMM hopefully in the next month LOL.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree the lighter and translucent colors are dependent upon one's complexion or hair color. Of course, if you have many pairs, it matters less since they will be in a deep rotation.

Personally, the light and translucent colors don't work nearly as well as the dark colors.

pockets

Reaction score

agreed, just jmm is building on what ditas i have. different vibes for me, jmm has taken my chunky acetate role. originally i was going to get a pair of muskels, but stumbled on the walkers for a bold black chunky optical frame. love them, got noir.

i always have a pair of tortoise in rotation, and after sifting through this thread, fell in love with vintage tortoise. found a pair of loewys in it, and have them in process.

feel im different from a lot of this thread in every thing i have is optical. makes each pair a bigger investment and requires more updating with prescriptions, so eventually pairs fall out of rotation. im not going to toss my prescription in several frames a year. miss my haliods, sequoias and grandmaster 2s ...

i will say this thread (as a lot of styleforum) frankly is a little too critical on feedback. i guess if youre asking for an opinion, you’ll get it but yeah while technically somethings just dont look good, the coding of what frames to what color to what face of aesthetic are a little too rigid imo. i say go bold with choices that fit your style, confidence is the best thing you can ever wear.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm thinking about these. They keep popping in/out of stock on the main site. So far, seems unavailable for stockists.

BigRed

Reaction score
I'm thinking about these. They keep popping in/out of stock on the main site. So far, seems unavailable for stockists.

I probably should’ve bought them but I just got the Fellini’s in Royal and I try to get different frames when I get different colors so I’ve been waiting for the Caine in platinum...I’m sure I’ll regret it lol

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
agreed, just jmm is building on what ditas i have. different vibes for me, jmm has taken my chunky acetate role. originally i was going to get a pair of muskels, but stumbled on the walkers for a bold black chunky optical frame. love them, got noir.

i always have a pair of tortoise in rotation, and after sifting through this thread, fell in love with vintage tortoise. found a pair of loewys in it, and have them in process.

feel im different from a lot of this thread in every thing i have is optical. makes each pair a bigger investment and requires more updating with prescriptions, so eventually pairs fall out of rotation. im not going to toss my prescription in several frames a year. miss my haliods, sequoias and grandmaster 2s ...

i will say this thread (as a lot of styleforum) frankly is a little too critical on feedback. i guess if youre asking for an opinion, you’ll get it but yeah while technically somethings just dont look good, the coding of what frames to what color to what face of aesthetic are a little too rigid imo. i say go bold with choices that fit your style, confidence is the best thing you can ever wear.

Curious, which JMM frames do you like most as opticals?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to @Thin White Duke for a smooth exchange. Much appreciated and a testament to this community.
Back at ya matey!
There have been a couple of comments recently about the conviviality of the group and I couldn’t agree more. I’ve done flawless biz with @Easily Amused and @Jaymig926 also ...
Sometimes you bump into arseholes and it disrupts your view of the world - then you come into this thread and get a reminder that there’s hope for humanity yet!
What a great bunch of lads!
(And lasses? Any of the fairer sex looking in?)
Anyway wishing the best to you all!

pockets

Reaction score
Curious, which JMM frames do you like most as opticals?
i only have two rn, but ive been feeling my black walkers more than the loewys (even though i spent a lot more effort trying to find the vintage tortoise loewys. they were a ***** to find and i really just stumbled into them on accident)

the walkers had a difficult fit when i first got them, and im really ******* obsessive when it comes to adjustments, but once i got a good fitting and they hit that zen on my face theyve become the pair i reach for when i wake up. i dig oversized glasses, and the silhouette is really cool being slightly lower on the face and sort of sculpted instead of being boxy. theyre bold as ****, and they have just has all these little peaks of detail; the tortoise hits and the hinges are all more visible when worn then i thought theyd be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics