• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of JMM and thought I'd share. I'm a big fan of matte textures and wanted to go with a more understated look to start with.

Zephirin.png

Raylan Givens

Reaction score
@Nat25
I've just got a pair of Fellinis with orange / sepia lenses two weeks ago ... so just a recent buy, but I LOVE it and can't imagine that I'll get tired of it ... while everything looks more beautiful through some JMM lenses, these give everything a warm feel. Good stuff.

Here they are in action ... the Fellini is not in the focus in this picture, but accompanied by a cat that might go by the same name ... :
jmm-fellini.jpg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made an appointment with the JMM dealer in my area tomorrow to possibly swap out the lenses in my Dark Havana Fellinis. As expected I don’t love the olive. What do you guys think I should consider as an alternative? I’d like something darker. I was leaning towards a grayish lens. I believe my Sturges in DH has green lenses and that work well. I’d prefer something different though.

Udo

Reaction score
Made an appointment with the JMM dealer in my area tomorrow to possibly swap out the lenses in my Dark Havana Fellinis. As expected I don’t love the olive. What do you guys think I should consider as an alternative? I’d like something darker. I was leaning towards a grayish lens. I believe my Sturges in DH has green lenses and that work well. I’d prefer something different though.

That's a shame. The olive is my favourite lens color. What is the issue for you? Too light?

Brown will definitely work. I also like a G15 lens with that kind of frame color.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark Grey polarized.

JMM Dark Havana Fellini_grey polarized lenses.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
love this thread.

used to be a devout dita dude for years, then fell for jmm when i first tried them on. fully converted now. started with a pair of noir walkers and now have a pair of vintage tortoise loewys in process. all optical

Pretty much same here.

chimpskibot

Reaction score
I’m sold! Really loving this brand and tried on a couple pairs this weekend at my local dealer I’m really feeling the sandros in tortoise. It’s funny cause my local Indy bookseller was wearing a pair of JMM Walkers and inspired time to go find a local dealer. I am really kicking myself for buying Moscot last week and getting my prescription put in them. Oh well! And I like many of you was a DITA (Thom Browne) wearer before finding out about JMM.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a shame. The olive is my favourite lens color. What is the issue for you? Too light?

Brown will definitely work. I also like a G15 lens with that kind of frame color.
It’s a bit too light for me. Actually darker than I expected though. It’s not awful, but I think a darker color would go with more of what I usually wear.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i swapped the olive lenses for dark brown polarized. you can see some pics here when i first got them back.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Shout out to @Thin White Duke for a smooth exchange. Much appreciated and a testament to this community.

Nat25

Reaction score
Any one seen the mr porter vintage tort zephirin’s in the wild? Still pissed I missed out on those.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i swapped the olive lenses for dark brown polarized. you can see some pics here when i first got them back.

Both the dark brown and dark grey look really good. I’ll have to see what options they offer. Had a meeting pop up this afternoon so moved my appoint to tomorrow. I’ll post pictures of whatever I decide when they come in. Thanks for the pictures!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads