• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go with Taupe as it works better with your face shape and complexion.
Since when does Derek have a face shape and complexion?

1618683968756.jpeg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Back on the conversation of cases. I have the three ones JMM do, but would like a quality 'beater' one I can use day to day, as I feel the resell value is dimished if I use the others out of the house.

I have one that works well for my Seberg and Scarpa, but is too tight for the acetate frames that they go wonky.

Any suggestions for Japanese made leather ones etc?
I use a Headporter Hybrid. Hender Scheme have a nice one as well.
Goyard has a new one out if that’s your thing.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Back on the conversation of cases. I have the three ones JMM do, but would like a quality 'beater' one I can use day to day, as I feel the resell value is dimished if I use the others out of the house.

I have one that works well for my Seberg and Scarpa, but is too tight for the acetate frames that they go wonky.

Any suggestions for Japanese made leather ones etc?

I've posted these before, but for what it's worth, I use the following:

131246033_840632893399410_802621545785536571_n.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg

⬆ Drake's silk eyewear case. Since it's a soft covering, it's not something that will protect your eyewear if you accidentally crush it somehow. But it protects it from getting scratched. I use this when I put my glasses in my in-breast pocket, like inside of a coat. I was surprised to find that it fits all my JMM eyewear, including the Taos.

rrl--Concho-Eyeglass-Case.jpeg

⬆ RRL leather case with a concho snap button. I think the style fits well with the JMM aesthetic. They do different ones every season. This is from an old season, but you may be able to find it on eBay. It's a hard case, so it offers more protection. But since it's big, it's not something you can fit into an in breast pocket. More something you throw into a bag.

tumblr_inline_pba106rh6f1qfex1b_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_pba1075ylO1qfex1b_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_pba108Blgd1qfex1b_540.jpg

⬆ Bespoke handsewn Chester Mox case made from black alligator, and then lined with a suede-like material called Alcantara to protect the lenses. Unfortunately, this one is too small for my larger JMM frames, but it works with the Scarpa. Since Chester Mox makes custom goods, you can theoretically get one in any size, shape, and design. I had one made with a simple opening. It's somewhere between a hard and soft shell, so it works in an in-breast pocket, but might not be something you want to throw into a bag.

Bacharini

Reaction score
I received the Gonzo Dukes from @JDelage (via @Jaymig926).
No fit pics

I was planning on buying a pair of Ray Ban Aviators this summer, but instead I was fortunate enough (and smart enough ;)) to win these! These are quite a step up from my current eyewear and I am super stoked and blessed to have received them. (although now that I have been introduced to JMM I may be sucked down the rabbit hole like a line of coke up my nostril after I pop these bad boys on). I’m not gonna lie, these are some BIG shades, but with the right outfit/in the right situation I think I can rock them.
IMG_20210417_153118 (1).jpg
IMG_20210417_153145.jpg
IMG_20210417_153215.jpg
I am inspired by ya’ll to pay it forward and help a total stranger. Peace and Love My Brothers! Freedom Blockers for life. :slayer:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wellema really does make the best hats. Such a wonderful shape and fit
I dunno about that but I like to see hats worn like in UC’s pic with the front flipped up. I have a few fedoras and several fedora shaped panamas and always keep the brims snapped up. First I think they just look better but it also moves them a small step away from that film noir cosplay look!

dwiz

Reaction score
I dunno about that but I like to see hats worn like in UC’s pic with the front flipped up. I have a few fedoras and several fedora shaped panamas and always keep the brims snapped up. First I think they just look better but it also moves them a small step away from that film noir cosplay look!

i mean, I can’t speak to his quality personally but many trusted peeps love his work. I also definitely enjoy this look with the brims up. I’ve been searching eBay for months and months to find a hat that I think fits my style. A bit western, a bit casual. Much like this!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean, I can’t speak to his quality personally but many trusted peeps love his work. I also definitely enjoy this look with the brims up. I’ve been searching eBay for months and months to find a hat that I think fits my style. A bit western, a bit casual. Much like this!
Have you looked at the Stetson open road? They seem to bridge the gap between cowboy style and city gent (west of the Mississippi at least!)

dwiz

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Stetson open road? They seem to bridge the gap between cowboy style and city gent (west of the Mississippi at least!)

yes! That’s my current number one, I have a search notification up for eBay, Grailed. They get snapped up pretty quick.

Nat25

Reaction score
Interested in buying a zephirin 47 in a tortoise shell frame with a lighter color lens (vintage green, orange/lighter brown, etc). Wondering if anyone has any ideas or has seen some older ones in stock recently in stores? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads