• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Fellini Tempest
5C902FFB-4769-48D5-91DF-EF479F865012.jpeg

choosybastard

Reaction score
Despite I agree that Sartres fits better my style, I decided to keep the Molinos (Havana 4). I have been looking for this style of thick frames for so long and I feel they are a must-have piece from JMM. I attached the mirror photos of both without showing my chest hair. :) I actually always prefer Molinos more besides when looking at me from a close distance and noticing the details of Sartres. As for the color, I actually like breaking my light tone with dark frames. But yes, a bit lighter color (e.g. Argyle) could work even better.
BTW is there any chance Hemmings could work for me as a sunnies?

Attachments

• molinoss.jpeg
    molinoss.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 103
  • sartressssss.jpeg
    sartressssss.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 107

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Cross post from @d4nimal 's Friday Challenge.

Long-time listener, first-time caller to this thread. Here's my latest pair of JMM's, Molino 55s in Havana. Apparently, I get all the frames that people consider boring here - oh well!
IMG_1811.jpg

Also I got transition lenses after being influenced by @UrbanComposition
IMG_1812.jpg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite I agree that Sartres fits better my style, I decided to keep the Molinos (Havana 4). I have been looking for this style of thick frames for so long and I feel they are a must-have piece from JMM. I attached the mirror photos of both without showing my chest hair. :) I actually always prefer Molinos more besides when looking at me from a close distance and noticing the details of Sartres. As for the color, I actually like breaking my light tone with dark frames. But yes, a bit lighter color (e.g. Argyle) could work even better.
BTW is there any chance Hemmings could work for me as a sunnies?
We are now JMM brothers.
I have Havana 4 Molinos...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I likely may send the Walker royals back. After having handled the walnut, argyle and Royal, while all superb, I’m thinking these frames look best straight up in black. The noir doesn’t have the metal wiring on the temples although supposedly these are also coming out in Shadow (later this year maybe?), and I’m going to guess that black version will have silver temple wiring if like other shadow frames. Curious as to thoughts on either version of black (for example is shadow more of a matte black vs noir or would this frame look better without the wiring, which I was initially hung up on having, but prob care less about now).

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Ahh damn. I just placed an order for them. I’ll let you guys know if it goes through.

Edit- not looking promising as they are still showing as in stock. Unless of course they had more than one pair.

I went through this process a couple months back with Next Level Optical and those Fellini. Paid the money and after 4 days of nothing I sent them a facebook message to which they replied, sorry this has been out of stock for months lol

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh damn. I just placed an order for them. I’ll let you guys know if it goes through.

Edit- not looking promising as they are still showing as in stock. Unless of course they had more than one pair.
If you purchased from ABC, if you click on add to cart, it then says sold out.

choosybastard

Reaction score
Should be a law that gingers keep their shirts on at all times. For their benefit and ours!? ?
WTF ginger? Take your glasses on man. Anyway, what leads you to write such bullshit? By hating different color of skin/hair you just showing your stupidness. Curious if you would say that to any ginger face to face...

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF ginger? Take your glasses on man. Anyway, what leads you to write such bullshit? By hating different color of skin/hair you just showing your stupidness. Curious if you would say that to any ginger face to face...
Calm down son. This is a congenial thread where we sometimes poke a bit of fun at each other. You didn’t exactly cover yourself in glory (or anything else!) posting shirtless pics. What did you expect?

choosybastard

Reaction score
Calm down son. This is a congenial thread where we sometimes poke a bit of fun at each other. You didn’t exactly cover yourself in glory (or anything else!) posting shirtless pics. What did you expect?
In the first place, I expected you to recognize the difference between blond and ginger.

I got your point, I understand you just tried to be funny. I have no problem making fun of myself and admit I look like an idiot on my morning photo. But I really do not find it funny to offend ginger people just because they are ginger.. that's all.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the first place, I expected you to recognize the difference between blond and ginger.

I got your point, I understand you just tried to be funny. I have no problem making fun of myself and admit I look like an idiot on my morning photo. But I really do not find it funny to offend ginger people just because they are ginger.. that's all.
My best friend is a ginger...
I remind him every day that he has no soul.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics