• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I'll ask: if anyone has a lead on the Santa Fe (Last Frontier first collection) in black or Rover, let me know. I'm aware of one boutique stocking them, I just can't justify at full price. So either they need to accept my insurance or else would need to be on secondary market (and not be marked up).

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called Next Level a few weeks ago about that Havana Fellini. Unless one showed up recently, it's not available; unfortunately Next Level does not update the inventory on its website frequently.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called Next Level a few weeks ago about that Havana Fellini. Unless one showed up recently, it's not available; unfortunately Next Level does not update the inventory on its website frequently.
Ahh damn. I just placed an order for them. I’ll let you guys know if it goes through.

Edit- not looking promising as they are still showing as in stock. Unless of course they had more than one pair.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Misc musings - most stores sell through JMM so easily they can't be bothered to actually process remote orders (even with COVID) and insurance. It's apparently very difficult to give people your moneys.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,
So Sartres Noir finally arrived. What do you think? Do they look better than Molinos on me? I somehow started to leaning to Molinos and almost regretted ordering Sartres. But damn you were right! Sartres seem to be even more suitable for my style. On the other hand, Molinos are definitely more versatile. What do you think? Sartres or Molinos?
View attachment 1592604 View attachment 1592605 View attachment 1592606 View attachment 1592608
I immediately thought of this lad ...

96ED7B54-8A12-4951-831F-DB1CAB62243C.png

“Captain my captain...”

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the molino in marine 2 color, and for me its the same color.
I don’t understand the differences with royal color
View attachment 1592727
Fully agree. I was hoping that either ‘marine’ or ‘royal’ would be closer to a medium blue (like the wayfarers I posted a pic of a few days ago) but they’re both just a very dark blue, almost indistinguishable from each other and will look almost black in lower light. Very disappointed in JMM on this.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question for the group: now that's it's getting warmer (in the northern hemisphere at least) how do ya'll plan to wear your shades, if at all?

i generally think of JMM in a "heavier" aesthetic, at least the acetate models. meaning i think they look best with more substantial clothing or outfits. sweaters, coats, a few layers, etc. i think there's a reason most of the product shots are on models wearing leather or velvet or various layers.

how do you match that with the summer and the need for just one, or maybe at most, 2 layers? there are no shots of models wearing just tshirts (like you see on GLCO, etc). are my fellini's fall through spring only? have any of you thought about how you'd wear your thicker frames in the summer?

not that this is a bad thing. i have a pair of GLCO's and another pair that i think work better with "lighter" outfits (think a shirt and shorts, or something along those lines). just wondering if there is some inspiration i could find for wearing my JMM's a bit more once the temp hits 70+.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question for the group: now that's it's getting warmer (in the northern hemisphere at least) how do ya'll plan to wear your shades, if at all?

i generally think of JMM in a "heavier" aesthetic, at least the acetate models. meaning i think they look best with more substantial clothing or outfits. sweaters, coats, a few layers, etc. i think there's a reason most of the product shots are on models wearing leather or velvet or various layers.

how do you match that with the summer and the need for just one, or maybe at most, 2 layers? there are no shots of models wearing just tshirts (like you see on GLCO, etc). are my fellini's fall through spring only? have any of you thought about how you'd wear your thicker frames in the summer?

not that this is a bad thing. i have a pair of GLCO's and another pair that i think work better with "lighter" outfits (think a shirt and shorts, or something along those lines). just wondering if there is some inspiration i could find for wearing my JMM's a bit more once the temp hits 70+.
My Sebergs and Scarpas will be coming out for sure. Keep to debut my Sand Dealans as well.

Reactions: kjb

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'll find me in my Enzos wearing 5" shorts, linen short sleeve, and a Negroni in hand...

ahoslpatubep

Reaction score

Stick a cigar in your mouth, unbutton your knit Casablanca shirt, and enjoy the beach with your shades.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

I wear all of mine in 95+ no problem. The Fillini with a nice crisp linen shirt and tropical wool trousers is Ace imho

Thicker frames look best the less you wear
-Regis
(I put this one a tee for you DWW)

63FF3881-1F45-418B-8EB8-C938EFF8ADF5.jpeg

1618425086163.jpeg

penkala

Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,
So Sartres Noir finally arrived. What do you think? Do they look better than Molinos on me? I somehow started to leaning to Molinos and almost regretted ordering Sartres. But damn you were right! Sartres seem to be even more suitable for my style. On the other hand, Molinos are definitely more versatile. What do you think? Sartres or Molinos?
View attachment 1592604 View attachment 1592605 View attachment 1592606 View attachment 1592608
As style, I prefer sartres on you much more.. you have interesting face and you can pull something with character which molino isn't .. too pedestrian. However, sartre are sitting too high, and covers the eyebrow with thick black acetate so you look cartoonish, but I easily can see you owning it and make it yours (like some celebrities).. but look for something similar, but smaller ...

You're giving me Falling down vibes:
1618425393413.png

If you like molinos, but like gold touch, maybe fellini havana? But I think wire frames open your face more and molinos are too heavy for you in black (pale and blue eyes). Maybe havana would be better.

I also recommend when doing photos, that you shot yourself in the mirror while having camera on zoom (faking 50-80mm lens, instead 24mm wide selfie lens).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads