• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up sending the Royal Fellini back. I don’t think I’d get enough wear out of a blue frame. Really wish I could track them down in Dark Havana. If not, I’ll settle for argyle once it’s released.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,
So Sartres Noir finally arrived. What do you think? Do they look better than Molinos on me? I somehow started to leaning to Molinos and almost regretted ordering Sartres. But damn you were right! Sartres seem to be even more suitable for my style. On the other hand, Molinos are definitely more versatile. What do you think? Sartres or Molinos?
View attachment 1592604 View attachment 1592605 View attachment 1592606 View attachment 1592608
I think you should adjust the nose pads so the frame isn't sitting so high on you for the Sartres. Might be what is throwing people off. Hard to tell anything about the fit because of it.

jerozzo

Reaction score
Walkers in Royal. Love the color although a little iffy wearing them as I’d consider them a little out there from what I’d normally wear. But I suppose even more reason to keep them. Also didn’t know how I’d like the blue lenses, but I like the hue they put on what I see. Blue skies look really blue. #embracethespectacle
View attachment 1592243 View attachment 1592244
I have the molino in marine 2 color, and for me its the same color.
I don’t understand the differences with royal color
AE90565D-9D74-42AE-954F-1530F97D8E8C.jpeg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Have we already talked about color? I can't remember.

What are people's favorite "non-traditional" colors? Meaning not black or Havana. Ideally, something you own and wear, but happy to discuss stuff you're looking at.

I have a pair of frames in "taupe," which is this brownish gray colorway below. I find it pairs easily with the blue, black, and brown that make up a lot of my wardrobe. Pretty neutral color, but also not "standard." Goes pretty easily with workwear.

I've been eyeing Rover and Surplus, but a little careful of getting frames that end up looking like guys who wear things for a "pop of color." But maybe "pop of color" works for eyewear? Are there wardrobe considerations for this? Skin color? Wardrobe style? Thoughts?
View attachment 1592438

Sage to me is the best colour. Couldn't get on with Reserve, as much as I tried loving it.

choosybastard

Reaction score
Thank you for all your inputs. Yes, you are right, they were sitting too high. Is this better by any chance? Hope the photo won't offend anyone. Just woke up.
As for Fellini, do they really appear narrower? I actually thought they would be a bit wider since the lenses are the same size and are flatter in comparison to Molinos. On JMM website they state wide fit for Fellini and medium fit for Molino. Just curious so I could try them next time. For now, I will probably keep the Molinos, I somehow like the oversized look and they seem to be more business than Fellini to me. Was also considering Loewys but I think they would be too rounded for my taste.
sartressss.jpeg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up sending the Royal Fellini back. I don’t think I’d get enough wear out of a blue frame. Really wish I could track them down in Dark Havana. If not, I’ll settle for argyle once it’s released.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads