• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

diokanye

Reaction score
So...

A few days ago I won @Jaymig926 's extremely generous giveaway for a pair of Duke. They are of the "Black" color ways, with turquoise lenses, similar to the picture attached, but with a plain black sweat bar. They're #21 of 250.

Unfortunately, they are too big for me. These are more of a fashion accessory than what I usually wear and I know I'm not going to wear them much, if at all.

So I'm going to iterate Jay's initiative and offer them here. Enter a number between 1 and 500, and I will send it to whoever gets closer to a number I'll select randomly on Excel. Let's close this on Sunday (in 3 days) at Noon PST.

(Free shipping the the continental US, but I will ask you to pay for shipping if you're outside the US.)

BigRed

Reaction score
Currently debating between Tao in Tempest, Kaine (or Caine spelled both ways on their site) in platinum or Walker in Rover.....looking for opinions

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently debating between Tao in Tempest, Kaine (or Caine spelled both ways on their site) in platinum or Walker in Rover.....looking for opinions
All depends which fit your face best, so hard to say. Looking just at the frames and overall look, I’m partial to the Walker, then Kaine close second. The Taos to me have a shape that can be hit or miss on someone, but when it hits, it looks really great. You should check out the twelvesixtynine website. They have pics of a model who has a good face shape for a wide variety of frame sizes and styles. Should give you a better idea.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All big frames there. If that’s what you’re going for - good luck. If there’s any uncertainty try to get to a place where you can try them on to see which works. If you know you have a big melon you’re half way there!?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are all nice frames on a standalone basis. Not trying to state the obvious, but go with the pair that best fits your face and complexion.

Assuming they all fit you equally, I would say the Kaine in Platinum since I don't like Rover or Tempest. I can't see how this helps though.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
They are all nice frames on a standalone basis. Not trying to state the obvious, but go with the pair that best fits your face and complexion.

Assuming they all fit you equally, I would say the Kaine in Platinum since I don't like Rover or Tempest. I can't see how this helps though.

Caine doesn't come in Rover or Tempest, but Platinum yes. Maybe you're thinking of something else there?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he just meant he doesn’t like anything in those colors so out of the three you mentioned he’d go with the Caine.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be staying in Santa Monica this weekend and will drop by Good See to check out the wares, they seem to have the widest selection of JMM. It be a good time to check out the funkier frames and see whether I look the part...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads