• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell in pics, royal is more blue while Marine looks more like a dark navy or midnight. But I haven’t seen them in person.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue USS is a mate dark blue. Do not know about other blue colors. Would like to see more pics of that color in the sun light @BigRed .Thanks and congrats.

BigRed

Reaction score
Blue USS is a mate dark blue. Do not know about other blue colors. Would like to see more pics of that color in the sun light @BigRed .Thanks and congrats.

I’ll try to get a better picture when the sun comes back out here...the pic I posted had a fair amount of sun in it and as I look at them here inside they look almost black. They’re pretty dark blue.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup I’ve seen royals and marines and there’s not much difference in real life. Both very dark blue.

I realise the futility of trying to describe colours with words but I wish people would understand exactly what ‘royal blue’ is. Think of the colour of Chelsea’s traditional home kit. Or the colour of the ‘Done’ script when you’re typing a reply on this forum on an iPhone!

I just got really pissed off with a seller as I sold a jacket on eBay that was dark blue with a very dark navy PoW check. He demanded I accept a return as he wanted it dark blue as described and claimed it was “bright royal blue” when it was nothing of the sort. I got eBay on the phone and they said I would lose a claim. They said I should have just said it was ‘blue’ so even though I went out of my way to be accurate I ended up having to accept the return. Twat!

(Put it back up for sale with an extra $20 on the price and sold it again so the world is back in balance!)

Here are some royal blue glasses in case anyone from JMM is looking in!

Attachments

• CD66B202-D4B2-41F9-B551-8390BAEEE2E6.jpeg
    CD66B202-D4B2-41F9-B551-8390BAEEE2E6.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 84

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like if I can find the Walker in Rover my JMM addiction will be satisfied. ?
Mines have arrived to my city this morning Waiting for UPS to clearance. Afraid I am going to pay import duties and all that outrageous expenses. Hope I love them in my face.

diokanye

Reaction score
Is Alistair Taylor Young shooting this or did they use different photog this time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads