• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DishenH

Reaction score
Just had a look at the Cassady on-line. Looks very good and manageable dimensions for sunglasses. Will check them out at the next trunk show whenever that is.
I am selling a pair of Cassady`s. Let me know whether you keen.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do feel more delicate than my scarpas. I got a pair from matches fashion and returned them, along with the reynolds and bandit I think? If you can pull them off though, they are ?. Always liked how they were modelled in the campaign when they first released in the diner scene.
Did you return because they didn’t fit or because they were on the flimsy side?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you return because they didn’t fit or because they were on the flimsy side?
Bit of both, but they felt more delicate than the Scarpas and the price was a little prohibitive for me. I have the sebergs too and again I think because they are a bit smaller they feel less delicate.

As I say, the jagger is a beautiful frame regardless, and considering I wanted the el dorado, maybe my argument on fragility is irrelevant! ?

jerozzo

Reaction score
Jmm x Edward Beiner
Molino in Marine 2
50 pieces

Attachments

• A812D402-6EB2-4931-BAC4-F2DFFE2BEBA7.jpeg
    A812D402-6EB2-4931-BAC4-F2DFFE2BEBA7.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 0EDB01B3-0B55-4AAF-86BB-DF04FB77F37F.jpeg
    0EDB01B3-0B55-4AAF-86BB-DF04FB77F37F.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 580A6E0F-48B2-46DC-AB9F-2703CBA999F1.jpeg
    580A6E0F-48B2-46DC-AB9F-2703CBA999F1.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 79
  • 0DC153FA-097B-4FF9-A9ED-38230DBDF888.jpeg
    0DC153FA-097B-4FF9-A9ED-38230DBDF888.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
  • E69DA32C-52FB-48B3-A70F-E0863BE7B085.jpeg
    E69DA32C-52FB-48B3-A70F-E0863BE7B085.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 85

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man! Not sure if I'm gonna keep em all since I have a giant dome. I'm expecting the Cassady to not work out for me, unfortunately...
I notice the golds are “sold out” on the JMM website while the marine blue one says “find a dealer”. I asked around and was told that optical frames are sold via dealers, only the sunglasses are sold through the JMM website. Odd, as these were of course sunglasses. I even contacted JMM and their response was vague but no matter as they didn’t have the marine blue in stock. Are you going through JMM or a dealer for yours? Part of me thinks I should give up that dream, part of me insists there must be a dusty pair of marine blue Cassadys in the back room of a dealer somewhere!!
I am selling a pair of Cassady`s. Let me know whether you keen.
what colour frame and lens?
How come you’re selling?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jmm x Edward Beiner
Molino in Marine 2
50 pieces
I got the email and happened to be near an EB shop the other week. I was excited to try them on but in the end was disappointed that the ‘marine blue’ looked almost black to me or at least very dark navy. My eyes don’t do very well at distinguishing dark blue from black so I passed on these. Anyway hope you like yours, extra bit of kudos knowing they’re only 1/50!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I notice the golds are “sold out” on the JMM website while the marine blue one says “find a dealer”. I asked around and was told that optical frames are sold via dealers, only the sunglasses are sold through the JMM website. Odd, as these were of course sunglasses. I even contacted JMM and their response was vague but no matter as they didn’t have the marine blue in stock. Are you going through JMM or a dealer for yours? Part of me thinks I should give up that dream, part of me insists there must be a dusty pair of marine blue Cassadys in the back room of a dealer somewhere!!

How come you’re selling?

I actually got all 3 of those used! So not sure.

That's so weird about the JMM website only carrying sunnies. I can kind of see that though. If someone is buying optical frames, they're gonna want to use insurance, and JMM probably doesn't want to deal with that. There's a optician near me that carries JMM, both sunnies and optical. Maybe it worth a few phone calls to figure out what they have in stock?

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually got all 3 of those used! So not sure.

That's so weird about the hmm website only carrying sunnies. I can kind of see that though. If someone is buying optical frames, they're gonna want to use insurance, and JMM probably doesn't want to deal with that. There's a optician near me that carries JMM, both sunnies and optical. Maybe it worth a few phone calls to figure out what they have in stock?
Yeah the nearest dealer to me is in Tampa. He has a decent selection of JMM sunnies and probably even broader selection of opticals, many in names or colours we rarely or never discuss on this thread. He says of course he can put any lenses in I want if there’s an optical frame I like. Also, like many JMM dealers he doesn’t want to be bothered with insurance even though they do eye tests on site. I think insurance would cover the eye exam but then you’d just have to use your receipt to get whatever out-of-network refund insurance will give for the frames and lenses.

jerozzo

Reaction score
I got the email and happened to be near an EB shop the other week. I was excited to try them on but in the end was disappointed that the ‘marine blue’ looked almost black to me or at least very dark navy. My eyes don’t do very well at distinguishing dark blue from black so I passed on these. Anyway hope you like yours, extra bit of kudos knowing they’re only 1/50!
[/CITAZIONE]

I love marine color (have pasolini and borodino in marine too) and i compared the model...the blu is the same for all.
For me much depends on the light source to which they are exposed.

jerozzo

Reaction score

I love marine color (have pasolini and borodino in marine too) and i compared the model...the blu is the same for all.
For me much depends on the light source to which they are exposed.

DishenH

Reaction score

How come you’re selling?
I don’t wear them, they

How come you’re selling?

I have the Wyatt in the same colorway and i don't wear the Cassady`s, it just kept away.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 78

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads