• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Top 3 at the moment
C6FE2419-DD3D-4C4F-AC22-4AAEE352FE76.jpeg

2767A56E-3985-4FCF-A4AC-491B6A5CDB12.jpeg

A8C1FA2A-F529-4E90-ABDE-F73FE0E33220.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If your so sure then maybe send them a message. No company in the mainstream market is that stupid.

you’d be surprised. I also don’t think these are “mainstream”, it just looks like some guys small business making glasses.
This happens pretty frequently when you can just pull copy from another brand that does the same thing, especially if that other brand is a big part of your inspo (I’m just assuming here that a lot of eyewear brands would look to JMM as a kind of inspiration and industry leader). especially when it’s one company copying another company in the same industry (glasses).
This thing happens pretty frequently, ask NMWA.

besides, one company makes frames that look **** and is apparently in Australia (I’m Australian and I’ve never heard of g.o.d.).
Why would JMM have a second company that makes the same product? And why would they base that company on the other side of the world? Why would every other email that’s mentioned on their website be for info@god-crudwear ?
They also mention not accepting returns from outside the US in one place and then not accepting returns from outside Australia in another place.
it just seems a lot less likely to me that it’s somehow related to JMM than they simply lifted some paragraphs off another website regarding returns.

Last edited:

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
you’d be surprised. I also don’t think these are “mainstream”, it just looks like some guys small business making glasses.
This happens pretty frequently when you can just pull copy from another brand that does the same thing, especially if that other brand is a big part of your inspo (I’m just assuming here that a lot of eyewear brands would look to JMM as a kind of inspiration and industry leader). especially when it’s one company copying another company in the same industry (glasses).
This thing happens pretty frequently, ask NMWA.

besides, one company makes frames that look **** and is apparently in Australia (I’m Australian and I’ve never heard of g.o.d.).
Why would JMM have a second company that makes the same product? And why would they base that company on the other side of the world? Why would every other email that’s mentioned on their website be for info@god-crudwear ?
They also mention not accepting returns from outside the US in one place and then not accepting returns from outside Australia in another place.
it just seems a lot less likely to me that it’s somehow related to JMM than they simply lifted some paragraphs off another website regarding returns.

Look I agree with most of what you're saying, and as stated previously, I do find it interesting about the email address which is most likely copied. I never disputed that. These GOD may not be mainstream per se, but one thing is certain these are absolutely selling – in a premium Melbourne bricks and mortar eyewear boutique that I frequent – alongside JMM, Frency Mercury, Ahem, Belstaff, Mykita, Thom Browne etc etc.

There are many brands like GOD popping up worldwide that people most likely aren't even aware exist. I discovered one only a few days back who's acetate frames also look similar to JMM (and also made in Japan with exposed hardware etc) and they're priced even higher. Does it make the product itself a comparatively **** one, just because they're striving for JMM levels of success in this niche market? No it does not, but where these other brands tend to fall short is their inability to achieve brilliant marketing and package design at a reasonable price point. It's fair to say that not many have matched what Jerome has achieved thus far. For what it's worth, the site template GOD has chosen makes them appear subpar and quite unappealing, and this only brings us back to why this topic is being discussed. GOD's product might be a reasonable one considering the price point, but they're clearly exposing themselves as amatuers by copying information from JMM, which I'm sure we all believe to be the case.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah fair point. I also don't need opticals so when it comes to knowing about frames and the different brands my view/knowledge is pretty mainstream. So it makes sense that there are hundreds of labels i just don't know about. Also me saying it's **** is just hyperbole since I literally only looked at the model linked.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Uhming and ahing about Beauregard... Major Mikli 614/Al Davis vibes and I can’t figure out whether that’s a good or bad thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads