• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Cortina looks like it has a cool fade for the lenses.

2_Jagger_Gold_George_Cortina_3-4.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that fade. I want em haha
I think you would look good in the jaggers, if you haven't tried them yet. I really like mine. That new color is incredibly tempting

dwiz

Reaction score
I think you would look good in the jaggers, if you haven't tried them yet. I really like mine. That new color is incredibly tempting

I'll keep an eye for out for some at the shops. I really love metal frames, I wore aviators for years and years. I'm a sucker for oversized. Though I got a haircut and suddenly my Sandros look pretty oversized now haha

dmbk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First-time poster long time lurker, sorry for that - and nice to meet you all! -This might be a random interjection to this 215-page long thread but I read that Hanto had some really interesting insights to the manufacturing of JMM. I have had JMMs Fitzgerald for about a year now and have honestly never owned such a high-quality pair of glasses before.....despite the price being eye-watering for me.
I was wondering if anybody knew where in Japan they were made? I read somewhere there seems to be an Acetate Mecca over there but for obvious reasons can't find any details. Does anybody know?

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
The Cortina looks like it has a cool fade for the lenses.

View attachment 1560370

I did an old v new comparison to see the differences in frame shape as the new Cortinas were described as 'boxier' in the lens. I prefer a more boxier frame and have previously tried on the original Jaggers but thought they were a little too angular for my liking.

The only obvious differences I can see are the outer section of the bottom rim comes a down a little further. As nice as they are, after seeing this I'm not convinced there's enough of a shape change to warrant me splashing out $895.

Jagger.jpg

Last edited:

John Rain

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First-time poster long time lurker, sorry for that - and nice to meet you all! -This might be a random interjection to this 215-page long thread but I read that Hanto had some really interesting insights to the manufacturing of JMM. I have had JMMs Fitzgerald for about a year now and have honestly never owned such a high-quality pair of glasses before.....despite the price being eye-watering for me.
I was wondering if anybody knew where in Japan they were made? I read somewhere there seems to be an Acetate Mecca over there but for obvious reasons can't find any details. Does anybody know?
Welcome. This is a very informative interview with Jerome Mage where he shares lots of info about the making of the glasses. Dean Del Ray is a bit of a lug, but Jerome is charming.

John Rain

Reaction score
Yes, I learned of the interview here and I thought our new friend would appreciate the link. Del Ray is credible, yes.

bbhewee

Reaction score
We all start somewhere. I had initially ordered some Yellowstone Fitzgeralds which have now disappeared into thin air, so I got the Dealans as a replacement, and the Torinos because, well, I can't find a good reason...

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 13.25.44 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 13.25.44.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of your Comanches EA but I really need to find a place where I can try some of them on before I pull the trigger.

@bbhewee both of those look good. They are both large frames so some of us with narrower heads have to read with care but you’re on safe ground there. What happened to your Fitzs? I had them in sage and they’re a really cool look but ‘someone’ persuaded me to sell them on. I know they’ve gone to a good home but do have a slight lingering sellers’ remorse!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics