• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gun to head you can only keep one pair of JMM which one you guys keeping?

I have to be real here, love the acetate frames but my all time favorite is the Beauregards in Altan
Taos if I couldn’t buy another color way.PCH is I could. I think...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have to be real here, love the acetate frames but my all time favorite is the Beauregards in Altan

Tough call. I think I would go with a pair of frames I use as regular opticals because I get much more use out of them. Lately, I've been wearing my Scarpas the most because of their comfort, but I find the style only goes with some outfits. If I had to keep one, I think I'd do the Jax in Havana cause they're more versatile. Can be used with tailoring or casualwear. Not too "out there" in terms of design. And they're slightly bigger than the Jules.

D. Black

Reaction score

damn that's a tough choice between my Ascari and my dark Havana Fellini. Fellini looks best on my face but the Ascari's were my introduction to JMM, they hold too much sentimental value lol

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I’ll do.
It’s too bad that despite JMM have some really outrageous stuff but then at times they err on the side of being too conservative.
I’m looking forward to Dealans in royal blue but have a fear that they’ll turn out to be a dour dark navy when I’d much prefer a more vibrant brighter blue.

If this might facilitate your decision, the Reserve and blue lens colors as "real life" as I can shoot with my iPhone...
(Don't mind the dust specks.)

IMG_3689.jpg IMG_3686.jpg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any shops that still have the vintage tort ascari in stock?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this might facilitate your decision, the Reserve and blue lens colors as "real life" as I can shoot with my iPhone...
(Don't mind the dust specks.)

View attachment 1542107 View attachment 1542108
Hey thanks a lot EA - these pics in brighter light make them look more attractive than your previous ‘car selfie’ pics!!
I really hope I can see these in person some time and make an informed choice. I live in a fairly remote area but just remembered I’m in ATL tomorrow!

*seeks out JMM dealers in the ATL!*

As for the gun to head question - a toss up between my hunter Molinos and hickory Dealans. I’d probably lean to the hickory Dealans as they’re a bit more versatile and have darker lenses which are more useful to me. I keep the (not very) “dark purple” lenses in the Molinos for overcast days. Should be fine for whenever I next get home to England!!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the answers to the question posed are pretty interesting in just how varied they are. There are a couple overlaps, but we've really gotten a lot of different choices, which I think speaks to how freaking good the designs are. If someone asked "what are your favorite Ray Bans/Persols/Moscots/etc" there would be something like 2-3 answers.

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread but it’s my all time favorite to lurk. They may be the most boring/safest of the JMM lineup but I really like my Hickoks as daily drivers. Hoping to pick up a pair of Taos in one of the green tones next.
2B307AA5-3DDE-440B-8C8C-24C2D5356C38.jpeg
1D56DFB5-FA8C-44F2-8B1E-FC4FE380C6D2.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread but it’s my all time favorite to lurk. They may be the most boring/safest of the JMM lineup but I really like my Hickoks as daily drivers. Hoping to pick up a pair of Taos in one of the green tones next.

Hickok is also my favorite sunglasses frame (at least in the small collection I own). I find I wear them more than the Taos.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1542355 View attachment 1542356
I think the consensus of most boring goes to the Molino.
But they fit my face great, and I love mine...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads