• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
There are some Jax Vintage Havana blue lens that just popped up yesterday on Grailed if anyone is looking.

LSak

Reaction score
Hi all, im new here and was hoping you could help me as I'm interested in adding the JMM Torino to my collection. Does anyone know or can describe the difference in acetate frame colour regarding the Tempest vs Charcoal. I understand that models come with different lens however I'm more interested in the frame colour. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Hi all, im new here and was hoping you could help me as I'm interested in adding the JMM Torino to my collection. Does anyone know or can describe the difference in acetate frame colour regarding the Tempest vs Charcoal. I understand that models come with different lens however I'm more interested in the frame colour. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Without doing a side by side comparison, and just by looking at online photos, I would say the Tempest (Silver hardware accents) is slightly more translucent than the Charcoal (Rose gold hardware accents) which appear a little more foggy/patchy if that makes sense.

Last edited:

LSak

Reaction score
Without doing a side by side comparison, and just by looking at online photos, I would say the Tempest (Silver hardware accents) is slightly more translucent than the Charcoal (Rose gold hardware accents) which appear a little more foggy if that makes sense.
Thanks, I also think that the charcoal maybe more of a matte/lower sheen finish. I was wanting a darker translucent frame so the charcoal maybe the go

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Thanks, I also think that the charcoal maybe more of a matte/lower sheen finish. I was wanting a darker translucent frame so the charcoal maybe the go

If you go back to page 180 and see Jaymig's post #2691 with his Dealans in Charcoal, you will see this is not the case, and I doubt Torino Charcoal is any different. If you look closely the acetate has patchy greys throughout, which lends itself to the charcoal name.

Colrais

Reaction score
My guy's trying to get me into a pair of optical Tempest Molinos! (it is tempting.)

LSak

Reaction score
My guy's trying to get me into a pair of optical Tempest Molinos! (it is tempting.)
So....I have narrowed it down to tempest, shadow and viper. I think the viper and shadow would be more versatile. Issue is I can't find any store online (that ship to australia) and in store that stock the shadow :(

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
So....I have narrowed it down to tempest, shadow and viper. I think the viper and shadow would be more versatile. Issue is I can't find any store online (that ship to australia) and in store that stock the shadow :(

I don't think you're trying very hard. I'm from Australia and have purchased from Framedewe.com and they have Frost, Tempest and Charcoal.

nichebazaarstudio.com has Tempest
goodseeco.com has Charcoal

LSak

Reaction score
I don't think you're trying very hard. I'm from Australia and have purchased from Framedewe.com and they have Frost, Tempest and Charcoal.

nichebazaarstudio.com has Tempest
goodseeco.com has Charcoal

Thanks, I was specifically referring to Torino shadow. I have used good see co. many times in the and they are my go to.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Thanks, I was specifically referring to Torino shadow. I have used good see co. many times in the and they are my go to.

OK apologies I assumed by your post that Tempest was still in the frame (pardon the pun), then I just threw in Frost and your original Charcoal. Shadow might just be the hardest to find of all.

LSak

Reaction score
I like all 3 but struggling to come to a conclusion. Initially I was leaning towards tempest but I think the darker frames of viper and shadow will be more versatile for me. Considering the shadow colourway maybe hard to come by, has anyone got frames in viper that can share a photo under sunlight? How green do they appear? Thanks in advance

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like all 3 but struggling to come to a conclusion. Initially I was leaning towards tempest but I think the darker frames of viper and shadow will be more versatile for me. Considering the shadow colourway maybe hard to come by, has anyone got frames in viper that can share a photo under sunlight? How green do they appear? Thanks in advance
I have tried Viper a few times. They are definitely green. Maybe in artificial light from a distance, they can appear close to black.

I believe jay has posted fit pics with viper frames. Search the thread.

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Love the new campaign

NZ16qMm.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads