• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those prescription lenses? What changes were made -- darker and polarized?

they are not prescription lenses. i have generally terrible eyesight (for those with contacts i'm like over a -6.00 in each eye), so anything i can do to reduce the strain on my eyes, i take it. polarization helps a lot for me. i tried these with the original lenses for a while and just couldn't get comfortable.

i was kinda forced into the brown color, i wanted to replicate the original olive color lenses the frames came with and just have them polarized, but AA only carried a few colors in polarized so i had to go with what they had available. i like it though.

Jaymig926

Reaction score
hello, may I what is the lens color ? And much did you pay for these sunglasses ? Thank you and regards, David
Here is the info
9AA5CE4F-4B05-467B-AF50-1497E5B576B1.png
4E374CDD-2D34-4960-98CC-8963BBC584B6.png

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

D. Black

Reaction score
Those are Ace

Rover is just one of those colorways that the more you wear it the more you love it. Right now for me as far as the acetate frames go my top three are Vintage Tortoise/Rover/Havana. For the metal frames I can’t get enough of the Altan color
I absolutely love rover. my favorite JMM are the Fellini in the Rover color way. with the metal frames I don't have a favorite color yet but the 1962 frames look too dope!! the GT too

David369

Reaction score
does anyone know where these sunglasses are available for sale ? JACQUESMARIEMAGE
the gradient looks really great in picture: not sure though how it looks in real life

dwiz

Reaction score
does anyone know where these sunglasses are available for sale ? JACQUESMARIEMAGE
the gradient looks really great in picture: not sure though how it looks in real life

Hello, and welcome to the thread! You're best bet is to keep an eye on eBay, Grailed, or the Classifieds here on the forum. Patience will be a good virtue for this search as they are quite coveted.

David369

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the thread! You're best bet is to keep an eye on eBay, Grailed, or the Classifieds here on the forum. Patience will be a good virtue for this search as they are quite coveted.
thank you, that`s strange cause though Dealan Charcoal - limited edition, a batch of 300 - is sold out as per official website, they are still available on other websites. Either it means they not authentic, which are still for sale on non official websites , or they have been re-released, but JMM didnt update its website yet :) .... as per second scenario the sunglasses PCH lava may be rereleased :)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you, that`s strange cause though Dealan Charcoal - limited edition, a batch of 300 - is sold out as per official website, they are still available on other websites. Either it means they not authentic, which are still for sale on non official websites , or they have been re-released, but JMM didnt update its website yet :) .... as per second scenario the sunglasses PCH lava may be rereleased :)
No. This means they made 300 total, but not all 300 are sold on the JMM site. Distributors get their own allocation to sell, so you might still see a few stores with a pair or so left.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I absolutely love rover. my favorite JMM are the Fellini in the Rover color way. with the metal frames I don't have a favorite color yet but the 1962 frames look too dope!! the GT too

Those are currently my most worn. Just awesome details
4534A0D6-1290-443B-B014-03FBC25D981E.jpeg
7E967E69-87DB-4240-BDB3-BE313E9B581E.jpeg

60’s and Beauregard (My fav metal frames) in the aforementioned Altan and Gold
1F245477-DAEE-4350-9705-2D513A88101B.jpeg

065FBD85-656E-4435-8126-69497534B44C.jpeg

The Sturges in Tan is also Ace. I think my favorite clear colorway is “Sand” though I haven’t seen “glass” in the flesh errrr acetate yet
5815BFC3-6BE3-4D25-A683-903BB4D23580.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads