• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s gross but I have over 20. Right now I’m digging the molinos I just picked up in wax and the hunter. Also the jax in Havana. But really I dig them all ! Lol just picked up the Dealan in reserve and will fork over the Yves in reserve I have to the wife or sell them. Maybe..... lol.
just picking up the Walker and the new frontier Dakota in Havana got a super fast peek at them at a showing. Then I’m done for a while. Lol
Madre del amor hermoso!. What an insane lovely collection!. Any JMM JayMig926 to be launched?

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s been some discussion about JMMs being more suited to non-CM outfits, that they’re more evocative of a seventies pimp or a sleazy coke dealer!!

So just as a counterpoint to show that they can look good with CM, here I am in my delicious Dealans with semi-formal business threads ...

Attachments

• 8332B308-DFE3-4BE4-8D38-38407FCB03B1.jpeg
    8332B308-DFE3-4BE4-8D38-38407FCB03B1.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 92BA418D-9A5F-4DF1-AA4E-0FC105013A7C.jpeg
    92BA418D-9A5F-4DF1-AA4E-0FC105013A7C.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 644F098D-3ADC-4164-9E73-BD5FB8D4A03B.jpeg
    644F098D-3ADC-4164-9E73-BD5FB8D4A03B.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 195

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There’s been some discussion about JMMs being more suited to non-CM outfits, that they’re more evocative of a seventies pimp or a sleazy coke dealer!!

So just as a counterpoint to show that they can look good with CM, here I am in my delicious Dealans with semi-formal business threads ...

This is exactly what my coke dealer looks like

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the Hickory Molinos from Atelier Mira arrived. Love the frames...

JMM Molino Hickory.jpg

But not so keen on the turquoise lenses...

JMM Molino_thinking.jpg

At lease they complement my bathrobe. When it's safer to go out and about, I'll eventually get dark green or blue replacements to use these as proper sunglasses. On a side note Atelier Mira included an extra JMM cleaning cloth/pocket square, with designs on both sides. This should go well with a navy blazer.

Pocket Square Cleaning Cloth_JMM Atelier Mira back.png
Pocket Square Cleaning Cloth_JMM Atelier Mira front.jpg

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my hickory Dealans.
And I love my hunter Molinos.
So of course I was tempted by hickory Molinos but passed because I didn’t want to replicate something close to what I already had, and more importantly I didn’t trust that those lenses would be any good as sunglasses. It looks like I was right to be skeptical. They’re a great looking frame shape and a great colour but unless you plan to wear them indoors you’ll bebetter off with some custom lenses with more aggressive tints there. Anyway thanks for sharing and enjoy them!
Nice looking cloth too!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I think (for now) I’ve reached JMM Nirvana. Basically have all my fav pairs just want to enjoy them for right now cause to be honest the high of the chasing a certain model was half the fun haha

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my hickory Dealans.
And I love my hunter Molinos.
So of course I was tempted by hickory Molinos but passed because I didn’t want to replicate something close to what I already had, and more importantly I didn’t trust that those lenses would be any good as sunglasses. It looks like I was right to be skeptical. They’re a great looking frame shape and a great colour but unless you plan to wear them indoors you’ll bebetter off with some custom lenses with more aggressive tints there. Anyway thanks for sharing and enjoy them!
Nice looking cloth too!

I appreciate the kind words, Thin White Duke. I had a feeling that the lenses were going to be too light, but I loved the look of the frames themselves. I let go of a bunch of similarly colored acetate Oliver Peoples and Persol sunglasses, and was looking for something close enough as a replacement. This will do just fine once I replace the lenses.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think (for now) I’ve reached JMM Nirvana. Basically have all my fav pairs just want to enjoy them for right now cause to be honest the high of the chasing a certain model was half the fun haha
Agreed, half the fun is in the chase, whether it's sunglasses, fountain pens, rare figurines, etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And the Hickory Molinos from Atelier Mira arrived. Love the frames...

View attachment 1510213

But not so keen on the turquoise lenses...

View attachment 1510220

At lease they complement my bathrobe. When it's safer to go out and about, I'll eventually get dark green or blue replacements to use these as proper sunglasses. On a side note Atelier Mira included an extra JMM cleaning cloth/pocket square, with designs on both sides. This should go well with a navy blazer.

View attachment 1510218
View attachment 1510219

Those look great on you. Shape and size really work for your face.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Agreed - selling my Oliver Peoples Cary Grants if anyone’s interested - just PM me otherwise eBay will get their 10 percent!

I was just using eBay after a while of ignoring it and now they want my bank account for their new payment system. Seems like they’re cutting ties with PayPal. Thankfully I haven’t been “invited” to join yet, I’m out when that happens for sure haha

Eliot R

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone purchase JMM frames using their insurance, specifically EYEMED? Looking to take advantage of my insurance before the end of the year!
If you live in/near NYC, I'd recommend Anthony Aiden Opticians on St. Marks, which takes EyeMed and has a good selection of JMM frames. Otherwise, you might need to use the "Find a Store" function on JMM's website and do some digging.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you use anti fog spray for your JMM lenses? My sunnies tend to fog up when I use a mask. If so, any particular rec?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads